How to downgrde Windows 7 to XP on ASUS K50 series

jsumiog

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010
Hello,
im looking for a way how to make recovery disk in a new asus laptop k50 series,do i need to make a recovery disk for the reason i will downgrade the OS windows 7 to XP.or how to downgrade this laptop, there are some applications i need to run that only runs in XP. tnx.

jsumiog

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010

ok i start with this:
now it is windows7 64 bit i would like to make a recovery disk for the built in drivers, is it possible if i can change the OS to XP sp3? then when it needs for the built in driver can i run that recovery disk. Thanks

First you have to create an XP install with drivers to image, if I understand you correctly. Recovery disks are just an OS install with drivers and whatever software the OEM wishes to include. The hard drive is then imaged.

So, install XP and whatever you wish to be on the image, and then get imaging software and image the drive.

jsumiog

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010

Im just afraid if i install xp, i cannot make it function good it will need driver so first how can i save all the driver of this laptop?thanks.

Take whatever imaging software you plan on using and make an image of your current drive.

However, you cannot downgrade to XP. It will have to be a clean install. So you will lose everything you have on there now.

jsumiog

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010

just in case, where in the web i can find driver for this laptop.Thank you.

jsumiog

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010

Ok Thanks This is bought in china now i'm in Papua New Guinea, i try the net if they post but i found nothing, it will be hard for me to change it to xp. thank you.

find out what chipsets your notebook uses and download them from the manufacturer of the chips directly.