jsumiog

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010
Hello,
im looking for a way how to make recovery disk in a new asus laptop k50 series,do i need to make a recovery disk for the reason i will downgrade the OS windows 7 to XP.or how to downgrade this laptop, there are some applications i need to run that only runs in XP. tnx.

jsumiog

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010

Thanks, but how to do that, and will it affect my drivers like video card, sound etc. i dont like it to happen, or it will just downgade the 7 to xp. is it built in or i need xp os or 7 os to do that?

Regards

No everything will work the same, you install the software as usual, you point at the icon on the desk top, right click, left click on properties, set compatibility to XP.

The rest of the system like the video card will work as windows 7. No you don't install XP.

Be sure to read about the XP mode on the microsoft website, and it does not work with anything.

jsumiog

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010

Thank you, where will i see the xp mode please guide.

jsumiog

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010
i tried,compatibility mode and i set it tp xp sp3 then i tried to install nod32 it messege the installation package for 32-bit system,what is this or i set up wrong. tnx
and what i really want is to downgrade this 7 to xp sp3,how to do that? and will i make a recovery disk,how? some of my friend says that if i have recovery disk i just need to run and all the drivers will setup automatically, is it true?tnx for the time.

jsumiog

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010

i tried to check in virtual pc but this is home premiun 64bit and not eligable to download xp mode,can you still give me some option.what to do.thank you
Revove from the list of quoted messages Add to the list of quoted messages Quick edit Edit this message

jsumiog

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010

I tried to install nod32 v.3 i didn't work it ask for 64bit, i tried looking for that. However i need idea if the win7 64 bit can print on Konica Minolta BIZ-HUB 211,right now i don't have the laptop i ask my friend to check it can change to xp.