A good compromise between cooling and noise heatsink for ocing e8400?

moomoopro

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2008
im using a gigabyte x48 mobo, 4 gigs gskill pc1000 ram and i will be ocing the e8400. I am probably not going to do serious serious overclocking but I will defintely will be doing some.

maybe like 3.8+ i dont really know. You see I was originally going to go with the Xigmatek HDT-S1283 but isnt that one kinda loud? I hear its a really good heatsink but maybe i want something quieter you know since im not going to oc serious like 4.4+ or whatever.

I dont know, what do you guys think.

Lupiron

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2008
The Xiggy isn't that loud with the stock fan. But the better the fan, the better the cooling, as they say, so most people upgrade the stock fan.

How about a simple solution, that leaves room for more! A Fan controller! Can control several fans. One for the CPU, and later when you plan on over clocking, you will have 3+ more channels for case fans, etc.

You don't have to use them all, some fit in a CD drive bay, and a decent one is 17 bucks! Not exactly expensive!

:)

My 2 circuits worth.

--Lupi

level101

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2008
If the fan that comes with the Xiggy is to loud, you can always buy a quieter fan. Fans don't cost that much.
Like Lupi said, use a fan controller

TRENDING THREADS