CalebL

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong thread,

I need some help in trying to fix my slow computer. It keeps slowing down and has been doing this for a long time now. Loading websites, games, or Microsoft office take at least 5 minutes to load.
I think it may be the hard drive, so I defragmented it. I've also had the registry repaired or cleaned of any errors, history and cookies cleaned, scanned for any computer viruses or malicious software, and have it boot up clean.

Here is a look at the Resource Monitor and Task Manager when it is behaving like this.
Task2.jpg

Task1-1.jpg

I'm also using Norton AV 2011 and used the free online Virus scan from McCafe for better results on any viruses.

3 gigabytes of RAm
500 gigabyte Hard Drive (467 currently used)

CalebL

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011

The computer has been like this from just a few months after buying it. Even with about the 400 something gigabytes of storage it had to offer.
I can not return it back now though since the warranty has expired about a year ago.

CalebL

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011

I will try that. And also there used to be a fair amount of programs running in the background, but I have kept them turned off from start up for sometime now. All that runs in the background now are Windows drivers, os, and such by Microsoft. And also Norton, google chrome update, dropbox, and Rocketdock . I don't believe that is to much to ask a modern computer for.

CalebL

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011

I have been using an external hard drive for data storage. I do not install programs to it, only store videos, pictures, and music files.
Also I ran a quick scan on the Malware bytes, which came up with only a "Broken.Open Command" from the registry.(I don't browse the internet much, only play games.) I'm going to run a full scan next.

Edit: Ok, I will run those to.
I also got a long list on the Autoruns program. But it is drivers, codecs, explorer, Scheduled tasks, and services.

CalebL

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011

This is what it says about it.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\regfile\shell\open\command\(default) (Broken.OpenCommand) -> Bad: ("regedit.exe" "%1") Good: (regedit.exe "%1") -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

And this is really a virus? I know that Google'ing anything with the words "Virus?" on the end will just lead to posts on people before with something similar to it being a virus.

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=6196

This is a link to what I've found on the glitch.
Is there a program I can use to scan the RAM for any hardware problems? I don't like the idea of Physically removing my RAM chips while running the scan under Memtest.

CalebL

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011

So far I had trouble starting up the day after. The computer would log in but would soon freez. After having to shut it off a couple times I ran the Check Disk and booted it back up.
I am not sure if it found any problems, but at least it started up and ran fine. So far it hasn't slowed back down, but it often takes a day or two to act backup at random.

I plan on defragging the drive since it has been awhile since I've done that.

CalebL

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011

It's fine if I give my computer about a weeks time to see if it slows back down any? So I won't have to re-open a new thread and be told by someone else the same things.
I can update as soon as it does.

CalebL

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
So far my computer hasn't slowed down. But something worse has occurred since then. It will blue screen and freeze up after logging into my account. It takes about two tries before it will finally log me in. Is there a way i can find a logs file with the blue screen error in it so that i can post it on here for someone to see what could have caused it?
Also is there a website or program I can use to scan my computer for a virus? I don't want another antivirus as I'm already using Norton and they told me that I should use only one and that its okay if only the windows defender runs beside it.

CalebL

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
Here is a picture that i took. Sorry if the quality is low, I used my DSi camera.
HNI_0030.jpg

Also I couldn't find a dump file on the date that I got the blue screens. However I have found a few dump files when searching for them. I have no clue on how to open them.
CKDSK isn't helping any and Resorting back has also not helped me.

Edit: I found some things in the event viewer at about the very time the crash happened! Also a weird thing, it says that I started my computer at 8:50AM and goes on for three events at that time before suddenly going back in time to 8:49AM for a few events and I'm not reading it the wrong way to.

Level: Error
Log Name: System
Event ID: 15016
User: N/A
Keywords: Classic
Task category: None

Unable to initialize the security package Kerberos for server side authentication. The data field contains the error number.

[Name] Microsoft-Windows-HttpEvent
[ Guid] {7b6bc78c-898b-4170-bbf8-1a469ea43fc5}
[ EventSourceName] HTTP

- EventID 15016

[ Qualifiers] 49152

Version 0

Level 2

Task 0

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2011-12-04T14:51:08.014Z

EventRecordID 72084

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4
[ ThreadID] 56

Channel System

Computer The-PC

Security

- EventData

DeviceObject \Device\Http\ReqQueue
SecurityPackage Kerberos
000004000200300000000000A83A00C00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000E030980