Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Insprion 1501 graphics driver

Last response: in Windows XP
June 19, 2010 12:49:01 AM

Does anyone know which is really the newest driver for this laptop? I tried the current legacy driver (10.2), and it said that no device it could do was present. Even though ATI radeon xpress series is listed.

It's the xpress 1150 one.

So I just googled for and installed version 9.3 which did install, but I'm left wondering if maybe there's something newer I could be using.

Best solution

a b \ Driver
June 19, 2010 6:11:48 AM

False_Dmitry_II said:
Does anyone know which is really the newest driver for this laptop? I tried the current legacy driver (10.2), and it said that no device it could do was present. Even though ATI radeon xpress series is listed.

It's the xpress 1150 one.

So I just googled for and installed version 9.3 which did install, but I'm left wondering if maybe there's something newer I could be using.

I think you have the best driver you're going to find. The latest driver from Dell is dated 10/30/2007 and it is Catalyst 8.31.

Microsoft update may have a newer driver (so I've been told).

June 19, 2010 7:22:05 AM

Yeah as far as drivers go from dell and such they're always the super oldest ones they can possibly be. They really should update some stuff, at least when it's obvious there are going to be some.

The reason I chose 9.3 to install is because that was the original legacy driver. But since they have made new legacy drivers I was thinking that maybe one of them would work and someone might know offhand what it was.

And no, microsoft update didn't find one to begin with. It's better at that in win7 than XP, but one of this comps purposes is old games. Otherwise I'd prolly be running win7 on it.
Score
Related resources
June 26, 2010 4:56:36 PM

Well I ran across something called mobility modder. Its only purpose is to modify drivers to make them be able to see and respond to mobile graphics solutions. The fact that this is needed is completely insane.

But now I've got version 10.2 legacy installed.
Score
June 26, 2010 4:56:44 PM

Best answer selected by False_Dmitry_II.
Score
a b \ Driver
June 27, 2010 5:50:36 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!