Palm Reader Pro

May 3, 2004 1:02:57 AM

Hello to all
As you were so helpful with my previous question about BackupBuddy, here I
am again with another little problem.
I'm using the pro version of Palm Reader which comes with an add-on :
adictionary activated by the tap of the stylus. And that makes it
impossibleto copy and paste any text from the book to the memo pad.
Do you know an application (preferably freeware) that would circumvent that?
(I am aware that uninstalling the dictionary would do the trick, but
thatwill be as last resort if nothing else works)
Thanks in advance for your help.
Martine

--
To answer me directly, change martine into MartineK-67000 and PCphile.com
into wanadoo.fr

More about : palm reader pro

Anonymous
May 3, 2004 11:12:44 AM

Martine K_ wrote:

> Hello to all
> As you were so helpful with my previous question about BackupBuddy, here I
> am again with another little problem.
> I'm using the pro version of Palm Reader which comes with an add-on :
> adictionary activated by the tap of the stylus. And that makes it
> impossibleto copy and paste any text from the book to the memo pad.
> Do you know an application (preferably freeware) that would circumvent that?
> (I am aware that uninstalling the dictionary would do the trick, but
> thatwill be as last resort if nothing else works)

You can disable the automatic lookup of words by adjusting "Selection
Preferences" (in the Options menu). This still won't let you copy text
to the clipboard though.

The closest thing within Palm Reader is to highlight the text and mark
it with a note, then choose "Export Notes" from the Book menu. Passages
longer than five or so words get abbreviated though. I guess they are
worried about someone copying the book to a memo, 1 kB of text at a
time. . .
Anonymous
May 3, 2004 11:37:54 AM

> > Hello to all
> > As you were so helpful with my previous question about BackupBuddy,
here I
> > am again with another little problem.
> > I'm using the pro version of Palm Reader which comes with an add-on :
> > adictionary activated by the tap of the stylus. And that makes it
> > impossibleto copy and paste any text from the book to the memo pad.
> > Do you know an application (preferably freeware) that would circumvent
that?
> > (I am aware that uninstalling the dictionary would do the trick, but
> > thatwill be as last resort if nothing else works)
>
> You can disable the automatic lookup of words by adjusting "Selection
> Preferences" (in the Options menu). This still won't let you copy text
> to the clipboard though.
>
> The closest thing within Palm Reader is to highlight the text and mark
> it with a note, then choose "Export Notes" from the Book menu. Passages
> longer than five or so words get abbreviated though. I guess they are
> worried about someone copying the book to a memo, 1 kB of text at a
> time.

Thanks Deborah
At least I know that uninstalling the dictionary won't help much. I 've also
read in another group that commercial Palmbooks didn't allow the copy/paste
commands for copyright reasons.
Oh well, I'll just have to resort to the old-fashioned way of copying it in
long hand and typing it back into the PC ... lol
Martine

--
To answer me directly, change martine into MartineK-67000 and PCphile.com
into wanadoo.fr
Anonymous
May 3, 2004 5:03:49 PM

In article <c73gl3$5ea$1@news-reader4.wanadoo.fr>, Martine K_
<martine@PCphile.com> wrote:

> Hello to all
> As you were so helpful with my previous question about BackupBuddy, here I
> am again with another little problem.
> I'm using the pro version of Palm Reader which comes with an add-on :
> adictionary activated by the tap of the stylus. And that makes it
> impossibleto copy and paste any text from the book to the memo pad.
> Do you know an application (preferably freeware) that would circumvent that?
> (I am aware that uninstalling the dictionary would do the trick, but
> thatwill be as last resort if nothing else works)
> Thanks in advance for your help.
> Martine

Martine,

The next version of Palm Reader will allow you to copy short quotes to
the clipboard. It's due out later this month.

Thanks,
Lee
!