Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Gigabyte 8800GT 512MB BIOS help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 23, 2008 10:12:42 PM

I never heard of bios updates for vidcards.

Flashing the bios, yes. But not updating.
January 23, 2008 10:15:44 PM

Oh hey, you helped me last time. Man I'm kinda dumb these days. What would flashing exactly do? I've never really done anything like that for my video card.
Related resources
January 23, 2008 10:48:17 PM


I looked but couldn't find it. Strange that EVGA, XFX, etc all have BIOS updates for the 8800GT but Gigabyte doesn't.
January 23, 2008 11:19:05 PM

DryvBy said:
Oh hey, you helped me last time. Man I'm kinda dumb these days. What would flashing exactly do? I've never really done anything like that for my video card.

Flashing vidcards to increase clock speeds and voltage. Increased clock speeds = more performance. Increased voltage = Increased clock speeds.

Only problem is, if the flashing goes wrong, you're vidcard is useless. And you can't return it.

If you want to OC, just use Rivatuner or something similar to OC.
January 23, 2008 11:45:40 PM


^ The 8800GT BIOS updates from the manufacturers are not for overclocking. They increase the card's fan speeds for better cooling.
January 24, 2008 12:06:40 AM

Oh so there are bios updates for vidcards. :bounce: 

Learned something new.
January 24, 2008 12:21:12 AM


They are pretty rare so many people probably don't know about them. I only know because I have an 8800GT.
January 24, 2008 1:00:25 AM

For my F***** up video card, they told me to update Bios.

didnt do **** and Im still with a screwed up card
January 24, 2008 1:01:23 AM

Silverion77 said:
For my F***** up video card, they told me to update Bios.

didnt do **** and Im still with a screwed up card

RMA, mate.

Your card is jacked up.
January 24, 2008 1:03:42 AM

I kno but Im trying to see if I can salvage it in a way...I have all day tomorrow...just me and Evga tech support :D 

They like driver reinstalls. I did about 30 and they didnt get that it didnt help

January 24, 2008 1:26:50 AM

Evilonigiri said:
Only problem is, if the flashing goes wrong, you're vidcard is useless. And you can't return it.

You obviously need to learn a lesson about backups and blind flashing.
!