Gigabyte 8800GT 512MB BIOS help

Anyone know where to get the BIOS update for http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125087 if there is one?
11 answers Last reply
More about gigabyte 8800gt 512mb bios help
  1. I never heard of bios updates for vidcards.

Flashing the bios, yes. But not updating.
  2. Oh hey, you helped me last time. Man I'm kinda dumb these days. What would flashing exactly do? I've never really done anything like that for my video card.
  3. I looked but couldn't find it. Strange that EVGA, XFX, etc all have BIOS updates for the 8800GT but Gigabyte doesn't.
  4. DryvBy said:
    Oh hey, you helped me last time. Man I'm kinda dumb these days. What would flashing exactly do? I've never really done anything like that for my video card.

Flashing vidcards to increase clock speeds and voltage. Increased clock speeds = more performance. Increased voltage = Increased clock speeds.

Only problem is, if the flashing goes wrong, you're vidcard is useless. And you can't return it.

If you want to OC, just use Rivatuner or something similar to OC.
  5. ^ The 8800GT BIOS updates from the manufacturers are not for overclocking. They increase the card's fan speeds for better cooling.
  6. Oh so there are bios updates for vidcards. :bounce:

Learned something new.
  7. They are pretty rare so many people probably don't know about them. I only know because I have an 8800GT.
  8. For my F***** up video card, they told me to update Bios.

didnt do **** and Im still with a screwed up card
  9. Silverion77 said:
    For my F***** up video card, they told me to update Bios.

didnt do **** and Im still with a screwed up card

RMA, mate.

Your card is jacked up.
  10. I kno but Im trying to see if I can salvage it in a way...I have all day tomorrow...just me and Evga tech support :D

They like driver reinstalls. I did about 30 and they didnt get that it didnt help
  11. Evilonigiri said:
    Only problem is, if the flashing goes wrong, you're vidcard is useless. And you can't return it.

You obviously need to learn a lesson about backups and blind flashing.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia BIOS Gigabyte Graphics Product