Build in question:

Intel Core 2 Q6600
eVGA nForce 780i
2 x eVGA 8800 GT 512mb in SLI
OCZ SLI DDR2 800MHz (2 x 2 gig)
2 x Seagate 500 gig 7200rpm 32mb cache
CoolerMaster CM 830 case, w/ 1000W stock power supply
Vista Ultimate x64 OEM

Last Thursday I recieved my computer by UPS from TigerDirect.ca. Bought it all in pieces so I assembled it myself. Now, this is my second build and know enough to assemble the pieces like a big boy. So, after some fiddling, everything was together and running fine. Last Saturday however, after a routine reboot after installing some drivers, as soon as I turned the computer on, the motherboard started giving out this long, high-pitched and bloody loud beep. Now I have no idea whatsoever could have triggered this. No cable was touched, no power surged occured, didn't even actually move the case. After leaving it a couple times of cooldown (as if it's help) the same problem keeps happening. So I disassembled everything and reassembled it all I am at a complete loss as to what I can do to fix this. Is my mobo fried? Should I call eVGA, hurl them a couple of insults to blow some steam and have it exchanged? Everything is brand new and for 2 days worked perfectly.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. It would sadden me very much to see all this prime material go to waste.

More about : issue evga nforce 780i

February 25, 2008 10:14:49 PM

I think you should just give EVGA a call. Could just be a dead board. They've been known for there great customer service so I'm sure they'll take care of you even without the insults.
!