* DV 9000 hp laptop with external Esata II hard drive, ExpressCard *

I have a DV 9000 hp laptop with external 500 GB Esata II hard drive and ExpressCard 34/54. My Express card looks like this:

When I connect my hard drive the computer using USB 2.0, it works, but when I connect using the esata cord, my hard drive doesn't show up on the computer. The express card is installed correctly because my computer said "Device is Ready to use".

Does anyone know why my esata connection isn't working?
5 answers Last reply
More about 9000 laptop external esata hard drive expresscard
  1. anyone ?
  2. E-Sata isn't a removable device, so you may have to add the disk using XP disk management

Right-click on 'My Computer' select 'Manage'
    Click on 'Disk Management'
    Click 'Action' then 'Rescan all disks'

Pretty sure the method is similar for Vista.

Stuart
  3. Anonymous said:
    E-Sata isn't a removable device, so you may have to add the disk using XP disk management

Right-click on 'My Computer' select 'Manage'
    Click on 'Disk Management'
    Click 'Action' then 'Rescan all disks'

Pretty sure the method is similar for Vista.

Stuart

thanks for your response Stuart,

1st, I tried contacting HP support which is a piece of **** b/c they make you pay for support : /

I right clicked on my computer and clicked manage, but I don't see "rescan all disks" under 'action'. The only options I see are:

connect to another computer
    export lists
    help

So instead, I clicked on Device Manger, right clicked Disk drives and chose 'Scan for hardware changes' but this didn't make my hard drive show up either : /

Did I do something wrong ?
  4. please someone ?
  5. I had the same issue. This is what I did.

1. Updated the firmware in the card
    2. Checking online for the latest driver ( from vista )

This solved my problem. I also had a problem with the cable as it would not fit well into the jack. So make sure ur cable is good.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Connection Computer HP Laptop Storage