Anyone have a link to the AA / AF comparo review ??

Howdy,
Can't seem to find this in my bookmarks, does anyone have a link to the review last year that had screenshots of 2/4/8/16X AF and various AA levels and different resolutions in game to show the effect of the differences on the very same scene? It wasn't about one card or vendor/IHV, it was basically only about what settings offer the most return in IQ.

It was probably one of the best examples that really showed the dramatic effect of 4XAF and AA over 0 and the diminishing returns above that.

Just curious cause I wanted to show someone how AF even at low levels is worth it, especially with the low performance cost.

Anywhoo if anyone has it handy that would be great.

Thanx.

Yeah that's it Mac, THANKS! [:thegreatgrapeape:6] [:mousemonkey:3] [:thegreatgrapeape:6]

Now that you've given it to me I was actually surprised to see when I hit bookmark it was already there, but it's call optimize framerates so I didn't think that was it. But thanks, save alot of time from searching.

And thanks for something else good to read too Rayzor. [:mousemonkey]

Done that myself no end of times searched for ages only to find i had it already but not called what i could have swore it was called, No probs. Im off to see what this link rayzor posted is all about.
Mactronix

pauldh

Illustrious
Hey, Sweet. I never saw this one and it sure would be a nice link to forward on to the casual pc gamer. Most of us take this knowledge for granted, but trying to explain it to others gets tiresome and even more difficult if they are in another location. Thanks, it's now bookmarked along with 42 million other links. ;)

Yeah and that's exactly what I needed it for.

People really just don't understand AF all that well, and stuff like this helps show people you don't have to think along the uber 4XAA + 16XAF or nothing routine, where 2XAA and 4XAF may be worth looking into if you have a few fps to spare.

pauldh

Illustrious
I agree turning on some level of AF should be something to almost always look into. That's one reason I hate when the setting is left out of games. Some people crank in game settings and think that's as good as it gets without ever enabling AF. Oblvion and Crysis for example.