need help with P35-DS3L and e8400

Tags:
  • Gigabyte
  • DVD
  • CD-Rom
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
February 26, 2008 11:09:50 AM

so heres the problem i have a cdrom drive not a dvd the CD that came with the mother board is DVD so i cant install the motherboard drivers. every thing seems to be working for some reason i can surf the web or play valve games just fine. but when i check CPUz it says the cpu is at 333x6 2ghz with 1.18 Vcore but 2 other system readers says its at 3ghz even the BIOS says its 3ghz @ 1.22Vcore im sure this it a problem because i didnt install any thing from the driver CD. so i downloaded the patch from the website to get the e8400 running properly but i dont have a blank cd or flash drive so how do i instal it ?

More about : p35 ds3l e8400

February 26, 2008 11:57:37 AM

that is called speed step. go read the faqs.
February 26, 2008 8:07:57 PM

what? please explane
Related resources
February 26, 2008 10:11:34 PM

use the great intraweb and download drivers from the manufacturer site !!!
February 26, 2008 10:32:06 PM

so what your saying is my CPU is running fine ?
February 26, 2008 10:41:50 PM

pendejo
February 26, 2008 10:46:33 PM

andrei3333 said:
use the great intraweb and download drivers from the manufacturer site !!!

i know how to do that the broblem is instaling them. i downloaded the driver for the 45nm chips but i have no clue how to instal it
a b V Motherboard
February 26, 2008 10:50:15 PM

^ ?????????????????????????

What do you mean by "i have no clue how to instal it"???? Its an *.exe and you can just run it like any other program. As I and a few others said before UPDATING DRIVERS WILL NOT HELP. You will have to Disable SpeedStep in order for you to run full speed all the time.
a b V Motherboard
February 26, 2008 11:16:41 PM

Dude, why haven't you put a $20.00 DVD drive in?
I mean if you can afford an E8400 then you certainly can a DVD/burner!

This is 2008, I don't even know if they still make cd rom drives....lol
February 26, 2008 11:31:35 PM

johnnyq1233 said:
Dude, why haven't you put a $20.00 DVD drive in?
I mean if you can afford an E8400 then you certainly can a DVD/burner!

This is 2008, I don't even know if they still make cd rom drives....lol

ya the cd rom is from my pIII buy my old comp has the dvd drive and i sold it and forgot to get a new one
February 26, 2008 11:32:05 PM

Shadow703793 said:
^ ?????????????????????????

What do you mean by "i have no clue how to instal it"???? Its an *.exe and you can just run it like any other program. As I and a few others said before UPDATING DRIVERS WILL NOT HELP. You will have to Disable SpeedStep in order for you to run full speed all the time.

how do i disable speedstep ?
February 26, 2008 11:56:39 PM

in bios probly ? lol

man this is weird....you FORGOT to buy a DVD drive ? so how did you exactly prepare this build ?

hmm let me guess you were walking by some store and saw a sign that read something like : " Get your e8400 fix here dude" and you ran inside and bought an e8400 and went from there ?

not to sound mean or rude, but usually people who come to these forums cannot afford top of the line or do not have the "must have #1 product NOW" attitude cause they cannot afford it and come here to research the best money-for-performance value upgrades and plan in advance what they need....just run out and get a dvd burner, or download and DOUBLE CLICK the driver file..

regardless this MOBO works with e8400 cpu's out of the box and there are no "patches" this is not software...it uses BIOS and i know this because i have the same mobo and cpu

Download the @Bios program from gigabyte and let it update your bios ofr you if you are paranoid...besides...if your mobo booted up with the e8400 that means IT WORKS and you "patches" are not needed
February 27, 2008 12:14:29 AM

andrei3333 said:
in bios probly ? lol

man this is weird....you FORGOT to buy a DVD drive ? so how did you exactly prepare this build ?

hmm let me guess you were walking by some store and saw a sign that read something like : " Get your e8400 fix here dude" and you ran inside and bought an e8400 and went from there ?

not to sound mean or rude, but usually people who come to these forums cannot afford top of the line or do not have the "must have #1 product NOW" attitude cause they cannot afford it and come here to research the best money-for-performance value upgrades and plan in advance what they need....just run out and get a dvd burner, or download and DOUBLE CLICK the driver file..

regardless this MOBO works with e8400 cpu's out of the box and there are no "patches" this is not software...it uses BIOS and i know this because i have the same mobo and cpu

Download the @Bios program from gigabyte and let it update your bios ofr you if you are paranoid...besides...if your mobo booted up with the e8400 that means IT WORKS and you "patches" are not needed

im 15years old,a pothead and i get my mom to buy me stuff so ya hope that answered your question. thx for the help. btw im getting crysis tommorow would I be able to play it in 1440x900 on high settings? i have a 8800gt 675/1950.
a b V Motherboard
February 27, 2008 12:33:36 AM

^No such luck on a 88800GT 512.

Here is how you do it:

Go To "Advance BIOS Feature"
Go to "CPU EIST Function"
Set it to "Disable"
Go to "CPU Enhanced Halt"
Set it to "Disable"
Save and Exit

Btw, you DO NOT HAVE TO DO THIS UNLESS OCing. The CPU will go to stock once you load up the cores. Run Prime95 while CoreTemp is open and you will see the change from 6x multiplier to some thing else, along with a speed change to stock.

No offence dude, but you should have bought a Dell XPS or some thing like that if you dont want to learn how to do this stuff. Check/read out the forums first before asking questions. Reading the manual might help too (RTFM now!).
February 27, 2008 12:46:28 AM

Shadow703793 said:
^No such luck on a 88800GT 512.

Here is how you do it:

Go To "Advance BIOS Feature"
Go to "CPU EIST Function"
Set it to "Disable"
Go to "CPU Enhanced Halt"
Set it to "Disable"
Save and Exit

Btw, you DO NOT HAVE TO DO THIS UNLESS OCing. The CPU will go to stock once you load up the cores. Run Prime95 while CoreTemp is open and you will see the change from 6x multiplier to some thing else, along with a speed change to stock.

No offence dude, but you should have bought a Dell XPS or some thing like that if you dont want to learn how to do this stuff. Check/read out the forums first before asking questions. Reading the manual might help too (RTFM now!).

well i have the PC running pretty well(i can play all my games) so i must be doing somthing right. i OCed it to 3.2ghz already but i didnt do all that stuff so thx for telling me
February 27, 2008 1:31:18 AM

THANKS ALOT for all the help. Ocd @ 3.6 and d3mark06 score went from 12489 to 13241
a b V Motherboard
February 27, 2008 1:39:31 AM

Good job.
a b V Motherboard
February 27, 2008 3:25:24 AM

As far as I know crysis is a DVD and you need that to even install it or play! Unless your d/ling a pirate version, which noone here really advocates!
Run out and get a DVD drive......
February 27, 2008 4:08:03 AM

waxpants1, If you are indeed telling the truth and you are at 3.6G with a stock cooler you had better back it down to 3G or you are going to cook it. Based on your previous posts it's doubtful.

You need to know more about temp monitoring and the failures of the stock cooler first.
February 27, 2008 6:27:26 PM

Zorg said:
waxpants1, If you are indeed telling the truth and you are at 3.6G with a stock cooler you had better back it down to 3G or you are going to cook it. Based on your previous posts it's doubtful.

You need to know more about temp monitoring and the failures of the stock cooler first.

Im 99% sure its fine because i didnt change it from stock voltage and the temps are 34-38 i havnt seen it go above 40. i downloaded the crysis demo and i can play it on all high settings at 1220x800 res and it dosnt lag or choke at all. and yes i will be buying a dvd drive when i buy crysis today
a b V Motherboard
February 27, 2008 7:08:07 PM

^More specs?
!