Flashing BIOS with Biostar TA770+ (for a noob)

bbfifas

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2008
Hey all,

Happy to say I put my computer together (1st build ever) and it worked on the first power up, no hang ups on the VISTA install. Thanks to this forum for helping me out.

I have a BE 5000+ with a Biostar TA770+ board. Everything is running fine right now stock @ 2.6. However, I would like to bump up the multiplier with the BE. From what I understand I need to get the newest BIOS but am unsure on what to do. I've also been told if I do it wrong my mobo will die! Is that true?

I think there is a utility in the BIOS to flash, but Ive read some other post where people use a CD or a windows flash program. I do not have a floppy.

Again, im pretty much a noob on this. Does anyone know of a good tutorial on how to flash? or share some tips/experiences?

Use a USB thumb drive to flash the Bios. Do not use Windows, because some processes can interfere with the flashing.
If the power goes off while you are flashing, you may have to replace a Bios chip. If your motherboard has a rescue Bios or rescue CD, that could save you.