Sign in with
Your question

Razer Barracuda AC-1 problem

Last response: in Components
January 31, 2008 2:29:47 PM

I just got the Razer barracuda AC-1 sound card and was all excited until I hooked it up to my logitech g51. The center and front right speakers would not work. It was fine when I was using the onboard audio. I checked all the connections. Anyone with the same problems and somehow getting the two to work? Thank you.
January 31, 2008 3:12:38 PM

AlexViper said:
I just got the Razer barracuda AC-1 sound card and was all excited until I hooked it up to my logitech g51. The center and front right speakers would not work. It was fine when I was using the onboard audio. I checked all the connections. Anyone with the same problems and somehow getting the two to work? Thank you.

I just got one as well and sounds amazing on my HP-1 headphones. Try these steps:

-Uninstall your onboard audio drivers
-Go into Windows Sound Manager and make sure your speaker set up is 5.1 or 7.1 (depending on your speaker set up). The Windows settings shouldn't matter, and the Sound Card should handle this, but just in case.
-Go into the Razer's sound manager and make sure it's set to 5.1 or 7.1 (again, depending on your set up). Make sure the speaker levels for the front and centers are up
-Play a movie in MediaPlay, PowerDVD etc. and play with the settings to find the bes levels (there are a bunch of them!)

Edit: on other thing to try: make sure the analog dongle connection is secure to HD-DIVX port (or whatever they call that proprietary connection), and none of the pins are damaged or bent.
January 31, 2008 4:38:57 PM

I tried everything you suggested and still not working. The front right and center speaker do not have any sound. I wonder if it's the card.
Related resources
January 31, 2008 6:18:06 PM

sounds like it's still not set right... disable your on-board sound in your BIOS (NOT WINDOWS) first before making changes to the sound settings...
January 31, 2008 7:25:55 PM

I went to BIOS and disabled azalia audio and rebooted the computer. Still no sound from the center and front right speaker.
August 10, 2009 6:56:08 PM

HI i have had this card for a long time now..... the drivers are buggy, if u use digital Toslink connection, then leave windows set to the analog speaker connection as the defult and not the digital connection as the audio card makes the change itself.
and for your problem, it is the connector for the analog input on the back of the AC-1, it dosent sit right, the case holds it from making a solid connection, i lost bass and my center speaker because of that and it took me forever to figure it out.
just to make sure were clear, there is an adapter for the analog connection on the back of the AC-1, it is where u would connect the HP-1 headphones, that adapter must be forced on tight, and make sure ur case is not in the way, the adapter likes to but up aganst the case keeping it from making a compleat connection and causing ur problems.
Hope this wasent too late and fixes ur problem.
!