Sign in with
Your question

Internet explorer closes automatically

Last response: in Windows XP
June 20, 2010 5:45:24 AM

When I try to use try to use the internet at our house, the explorer automatically closes. I could use it, though, at our office and access privileged websites. However, when I'm using the connection at our house, it just closes. Why does that happens? i have installed firefox to see if if something wrong with the internet explorer, however, the same thing happens. I don't know why. please help me....
June 20, 2010 6:00:13 AM

Firefox also closes?

Do you get the message that 'there was a problem and the application needs to close'?

Check the event viewer to see if it's logging errors.

Boot into safe mode with networking, and see if the problem occurs there.
m
l
June 20, 2010 6:02:27 AM

no. it just closes.
actually this happens only when i'm trying to use the internet connection in our house.. but when i'm using it at the office, internet explorer works.
m
l
Related resources
June 20, 2010 6:09:48 AM

When you start up the computer, tap F8 to access the advanced boot menu. Arrow down to 'safe mode with networking' and hit enter. Try opening IE or Firefox there.
m
l
June 20, 2010 6:30:06 AM

i tried what u said. its working under safe mode... why is it like that?
how am i suppose to fix it? thanks.
m
l
June 20, 2010 6:32:34 AM

actually, this laptop is given by our company.

so some settings are blocked by our admin. but this is the first time that my internet explorer closes when i'm using intenet connection aside from our office...
m
l
June 20, 2010 6:52:46 AM

i tried what u said. its working under safe mode... why is it like that?
how am i suppose to fix it? thanks.
m
l
June 20, 2010 7:06:56 AM

Most likely, you have malware infection.

On another PC, download malwarebytes.
www.malwarebytes.org/

Use a flash drive, floppy drive, or CD to transfer it to the problem PC. Boot into safe mode with networking. Install malwarebytes, update it, and do a full system scan.
m
l
!