Game Resolution Problem 16:10

Ok I just built my new system

E8400
EVGA 780i SLI mobo
EVGA 8800GTS 512

I noticed 2 things when I loaded up CS:S and TF2,
1. I can't select 16:9 as it's greyed out which is fine since I'll be using the 16:10 but I did have 16:9 on my 4 year old PC
2. When configuring the video in CS:S and TF2 I select 16:10 the only problem is I only have 1 resolution to choose from which is 1680x1050 (thats also my desktop res)

Anyone have any ideas? I did a search through the NVIDIA control panel but couldn't find anything that stood out.

Any hep would be appreciated.

Oh ya my game at 1680x1050 looks and playes awesome I just want to bump it down when playing with 32+ people possibly.
4 answers Last reply
More about game resolution problem
  1. Go to the Nvidia Control Panel and look for something about creating customer resolutions. You should be able to make 1440x900 which, I believe, is the next step below 1680x1050.
  2. I tried creating the new custom res but CS:S doesn't pick it up I can still only choose 1680x1050:/
  3. It sounds like it may be picking up your monitor drivers. You can try uninstalling them and using a generic driver.
  4. You can make your resolution custom using the console in any valve game. I had to do it with some mods because they were defaulting to my native resolution.

The command is like r_width, cg_screenwidth or somthing like that. I cant remember off the top of my head and since im at work, I cant open the game and look. but if you try some combinations, you should find the right command.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia EVGA Resolution Graphics