Crashing problems when gaming

symon_say

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2008
Hi

This is my first post in this forum, and i found really nice and helpful.

I have an HIS Ati Radeon X1650XT iceQ turbo edition, but everytime i try to play a game it crash and dont let me do it, a friend told me that the PSu could be the cause (i had a cheap one), so i get a Ultra X-finity 600W PSU, but the problem persist.

I do ocassinal playing and my games are normal for this card, no crysis or anything like that.

I have reinstall drivers, even the omega version and it keep doing it. What can this be, and how can i solve this.

My other hardware:
MSI K9AG neo2-digital
Athlon 64 X2 4800+
2gb Kingston ram
Hauppauge WINtv pvr-150mce

Thanks

rallyimprezive

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2007
If you are familiar with the Event Viewer, that may be a good place to start. It will usually give in good info about what problems your PC is having.

If you are not familiar with that application, just do a quick Google search, there are great tutorials on line.

The event viewer is a pre-installed windows app btw, so dont go downloading stuff. ;)

symon_say

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2008
I have Windows Xp MCE 05, and i have install latest solo drivers, drivers with CCC, and omega drivers and i get the same problem.

I'll chech the event viewer.

Thanks.

major53

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2007
symon_say does it lock up if you go to internet,or any other time besides when you try play games?

has this just started in last couple weeks or month.

may be able to do system resotre from before this started.

leo2kp

Distinguished
Is it instantaneous or does it take a while? If it's right away then it might not be heat related and could be RAM or video card. If it takes a while, check temps. Either way, use process of elimination to find out what it is.

major53

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2007
symon_say IT takes about 2 or 3 min, sometimes i can get about 6 min :p

ok but how long has this problem been going on 1 day 2 weeks 3 month?

symon_say

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2008
ever since i get it, a friend of mine give it to me, he told me that he has no problem with it, it do this just when gaming.

symon_say

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2008
No, this pc is new it has about a month, i was gonna buy this card, but a friend of mine has it and upgrade and give it to me.

joelleiva07

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008
that actually happened to me...

luckily i had a friend that is good with comps so he found the problem..

he ran a memory test and found errors on it, but in the end he told me that i needed a new mother board.. he said the mobo wasnt compatible with my ram(OCZ). I got a cheap board(ECS) the first time now i have a DFI.

so i got a new one and everything is working fine :D

if i was you i'd call the manufacturer and ask if ur ram is compatible... hope that helps :)

symon_say

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2008
You have problem with your ram or your video card, cause my pc works fine with everything just when gaming i get the problem.