tguard50

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2007
I have been using my recent build for several months now and its worked great. Today while unplugging my speakers and putting my headphones back in, i accidentally knocked out the power cable to the pc, and ever since then, i have been unable to get a signal out of my monitor. In the past, this has happened two or three times, but by simply turning off my power supply and then turning it back on, i could get the signal back on my monitor. Unfortunately this time that didnt work. My PC will sound like it is starting up fine (with the usual double boot, ip35-e users will know what im talking about) and will remain on, but no signal is displayed on the monitor.

I've tried everything. I did the clear CMOS jumpers, removed the CMOS battery for 30 minutes. Stripped everything down to 1 stick of ram, gfx card, and mobo and processor. I've tried both sticks of ram in different slots - still no signal. I've tried a different monitor - no dice. I took out the video card and reseated it as well.

Here are my system specs:

E2180 (normally OCed to 3.2 @ 1.4 V w/ AC Freezer Pro 7)
Abit IP35-e
EVGA 8800 GT
2 GB Crucial Ballistix
Xi-Fi xtreme gamer (took this out of the system)
Corsair 550 VX power supply
Seagate 250 gb HD

Any ideas on how to fix this issue, or am I looking at an RMA? Did I fubar it by removing the power cord by accident?

Thanks

Martell77

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
Ran into this with a clients computer recently and it was a simple setting change.

My question is: What type of monitor do you have and does it have both VGA and DVI inputs?

My client did a similar thing by kicking the power cord and it popped out. Not sure why, but the monitor changed input settings from DVI to VGA and so the monitor was reading no signal. (as there was no VGA input)

In this case just use the buttons on the monitor to change it back to DVI (as I did) and everything worked as normal.

Hope this helps.