Sign in with
Your question

Mega Computer Modding store

Last response: in Opinions and Experiences

Would you be interested in a mega computer modding store that does mods and sells modding supplies?

Total: 4 votes

• I would rather do all my modding myself.
  • 0 %
  • Nope, don't need one.
  • 0 %
  • Can't afford it anyways.
  • 25 %
  • Definately
  • 25 %
  • Depends....
  • 50 %
January 3, 2013 8:07:26 PM

Hello Folks~~~~
I'm thinking of business ideas, I would appreciate your help :) 
February 7, 2013 1:47:28 PM

It would have to be a computer heavy region as the normal crowd would not understand or really see a reason to mod their computer. you could throw in console mods and maybe even some computer build and repairs as i could see most of your income being from builds and repairs. while with console modding thrown into the mix it would increase your crowd and people willing to pay because of the amount of people who like to mod your console.
February 7, 2013 2:33:55 PM

a strictly pc modding company will not provide full time income and may not be worthwhile for anything but a paid hobby.

with that said, if you also offered such services as...

-pc hardware upgrades
-pc building service
-basic pc diagnosis and repair (antivirus, replacing bad ram, etc)
-pc perepheral modding
-pc modding
-console modding
-htpc setup

the more you do, the more likely you are to be able to turn a profit. keep in mind that you need to be proficient.

if all you want to do is pc modding you would be best to keep it as a business running out of your house/basement/garage and on your free time. there is not enough demand to make it a full time job.
February 9, 2013 3:17:23 PM

Modding business idea is great. There are 2 or 3 online. But business is slim at best. You can start out as internet based, maybe have a store set up near a college. Then scower all forum sites for business. With the internet business its tuff because you add shipping on everything. Your best bet is to do this type of business off the books, word to mouth on the forums.
!