Help with ATI 4870!!!

Zerb

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
I was wondering why in RivaTuner and other such VC tools(I have tried ati tools, pstrip, and others) that I can't adjust my fan speeds. Example in RivaTuner you can click the little customize box to access the fan adjustments but I do not have the little circut icon to click on the vc options. Yes I am useing the most up to date RivaTuner and yes I have the latest drivers for my vc. Please help.
Zerb

this is the section you need to change:

<Feature name="FanSpeedAlgorithm_0">
<Property name="FanSpeedAlgorithm" value="Manual" />
</Feature>
<Feature name="FanSpeedRPMTarget_0">
<Property name="Want" value="0" />
</Feature>
<Feature name="FanSpeedPercentTarget_0">
<Property name="Want" value="25" />

Zerb

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
Thank yall for the quick replies. I am trying it now. Does the 25 stand for 25%?

One other thing now. Not sure if this is Vista 64bit bug or not. I am not able to oc my video card because it seems that the software I described above cant do it for some reason. The sliders are grayed out.

Zerb

Zerb

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
I have unlocked it already. I am not a complete oc noob, but close. This does not help. I am starting to think it is Vista 64bit. I don't see several different programs not being able to access something if it wasnt the OS.

rgsaunders

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2007
The problem lies with the current drivers, not with Vista 64. Utilities such as Riva Tuner haven't been modified for the HD 4XXX series yet, so the only means of modifying the fan speed is in the custom profiles. You might want to try 40% value-"40"

Zerb

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
Thanks again for all yalls help. I am learning a lot here. Have one more problem however. When I edit profiles.xml I save it and then I go right back to it to look at it and it is not changing the value and I am saving it as an .xml file. Not sure what is happening here.