czepiel

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2006
Curious to see if any of you guys have run into something of this nature and that outcome.

I have issues with the machine remaining powered on. Please note nothing other than what I specify below is plugged in. (ie no HDD, VGA, RAM, etc etc I have narrowed it down to what I listed below)

If the 4pin ATX12V connection is plugged into the motherboard along with the 24pin it will not remain powered on as long as the processor is seated. Will just cycle on and off.

However, if i remove the 4pin ATX12V and leave the remaining parts intact it will remain powered on without issue.

BUT - If it take the processor out and leave both the 24pin and 4pin connections plugged in, it will remain powered on.

Now I realize (unfortunately) its not the power supply, as I have tested with a known working one - but I cant fathom whether its the board or processor thats bad.

Any insights? Did I miss something? So far I RMA'd the board in hopes its that but, cant be certain.

czepiel

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2006
Gigabyte 965P-S3
E6400 (not OC)
2x 2GB Crucial DDR2800
BFG Tech 8800GTS
Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music
2x 250GB SATA2 HDD
1 36.8GB WD Raptor 10k RPM

Quick Edit: Power supply is a Silverstone ST60F 600W. I ruled out the power supply with an Antec Trio (450W I want to say)