Tiger Direct 7970 deal concerns

bigfoot1

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2011
Hello every one i am about to purchase some parts to build my first gaming pc, I was going to order most my oarts from new egg, and i was going to go with a HIS iceQ 7950 because of the 3 free games, but they ended that deal but tiger direct still has it, they also have this http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5736415&sku=P450-7976%20GAME4 , it seems like a good deal for that card, but im not very sure about the rebate deal, it seems kinda sketchy, from what i was able to figure out is that instead of it being a gift card sort of thing they just refund you the money, but iv also heard it is through a third party store and am not to confident in it. if some one know a little more about it i would much appreciate it. i will be ordering it when ever i know more.

additional notes: i was going to get the gtx 660ti from newegg when it came with boarderlands 2 but that ended and i already have the assassins creed 3 it now comes with. if any one knows of any other deals that would be best. because i feel like i would rather have the 660 ti if it comes down to that or the 7950, but i wont the 3 free games the 7950 comes with.

I know i have written alot, but i have many concerns, since im about to make such a big purchase.

in short: im not sure if the mentioned 7970 deal is very reliable, if any one has any input it would be much appreciated.

giltyler

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
Looks like any other rebate that I have seen. I have done rebates with Asus Corsair OCZ GiGabyte they all send out prepaid AMEX or Visa gift cards through a 3rd party who does rebates for many other companies. Tiger Direct is a solid company.