Power shut off during reformate! NEED HELP!

bmclean0120

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
My masive problem

I was reformatting my windows from xp to vista when when my cat hit my power switch :fou: . So i quickly restarted my computer and during the boot it showed my raid 0 is offline. So i booted to my vista cd and tryed to reinstall but now my computer cannot find my hard drives even with the drivers?

what do i do i was thinking of deleting the raid array and then putting it back on and then installing windows on the new raid 0 array if you think this would work can you tell me how to do it!

If you can help me and you have paypal i will send some cash! im not kidding i need my computer.

montyuk

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2008
if you have no data on those raid drives that you want to keep then go ahead as per your original plan.

start as if you didnt have a raid array already and just do what you did when you first got the machine.

bmclean0120

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
yeah i have no data that i care about, but when i go to install the windows in a the drive it ask my for my driver so i put the same one that i used b4 that worked and now it doenst. The bios shows its there but it shows as the raid 0 offline?

montyuk

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2008
just looking at this - http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/14070/

this was one solution given -

Do a control-f on startup to get into the RAID utility
Select DELETE RAID (4) - don't worry, deleting the RAID does not delete the data - this sets both drives to Free
Now, select Auto COnfigure RAID (1)
AFter the RAID is rebuilt, you should be able to reboot.
-----------
and whilst is sounds like one of your drives may be failing - another poster reckons its a slight problem with xp pro - http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/14070/#96226

bmclean0120

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
Thanks for the help!

Last night i got frustrated so i just said screw it and shut off my computer, i went to hockey game back said to hell with it one more shot as the computer loaded it showed the Raid 0 back online! so i booted from hard drive and it gave me an error some root system32 was corrupt so i booted to vista cd loaded the sata drivers and everthing worked? i don't no why they went offline or how i fixed it i guess a little luck. I am now on my computer with vista ultimate.

Thanks for your help and if it was not working and i tried your help and it did work i would have sent you some cash

Thanks bmclean0120