but as iv said before gt is amazing for gaming
desktop isnt as nice as ati
but you dont a graphics card for that
anyone know anything about the
8800 gs

deathbybubba

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2006
I would think since the 88gt's price is dropping faster then the 3870's there is either more of a demand for the 3870's for the e/retailers to leave the price inflated or Nvidia is really ramping up production on the spec 88gt boards causing the supply to increase.

oh crap! I just bought that card for 250!
haha. Well, I really don't think ati has anything to worry about. I'm still seeing some of the top scores for 3dmark06 and pcmark05 being held by 2900xt's.
The hybrid crossfire looks very interesting, so much so that nvidia is going to be doing the same thing with their chipsets. Amd and ati still have great products in the server market.

Can Not

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2007

Small cell phone screen? My cell phone would have used 3x as many lines!

dario77

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007

he's trying to "right" a poem? was the poem wrong somehow? and how would we know unless he'd "written" it first?

on topic...can't wait to see two of these in cross(quad?)fire! retail parts, not samples. any word if we're going to get a special edition sapphire part, a la "atomic" editions?

badgtx1969

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2007
I think generalhoultz needs to work on his iambic pentameter

So does this mean nVidia has lowered the MSRP of the 8800 GT? They must be worried about the 3870x2.

gamebro

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2007
All this price gouging lol, thank goodness I said screw it and went with that $300 GTS (just lovin it).

I think the 3870 will fall if NV's GT continues to fall.

Can someone tell me why the manufacturers allow this to go on. When you go to the shop on the corner. (you know the dear one. They say its dearer as its a conveniance store and you pay the extra for not having to go into town).
If you are like me you look for the version of what you are looking for Crisps/chips, fizzy drink/soda etc that has the RRP printed on the packaging so you know the owner hasnt pushed the price up.
So why dont the makers do this to stop price gouging, Or do they i cant say i have seen a graphics card with a price printed on the box before. I know this would make them less popular with the stockists but with more and more people deciding what they want online and on forums if it was known that certain partners did this then the demand would force the etailers to stock them. wouldnt it ?
Mactronix

IndigoMoss

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2007
Hopefully they do bring the 3870 down in price. When they were first out, Newegg was selling them for $220, which is awesome. Then they decided to up the price to $250, which was pretty crappy since you could find a GT for that price. Now they are both even, which sucks because the GT performs better, but I need an ATI card.

If the 3870 retailed for $199 dollars, then the GT would be pretty much screwed and the 256mb one won't have a chance.

3Ball

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006

HDMI, image quality, and a dual slot cooler. That is why I would get one over an 8800GT. I will never purchase a single slot cooler card again after owning an X1800XL.

Best,

3Ball

pauldh

Illustrious

BestBuy has had the best HD38x0 prices I've seen so far. I paid $144 shipped for the HD3850.

IndigoMoss

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2007
Yeah BestBuy is kicking Newegg's ass on the series, which is pretty sad on Newegg's part. Did people get too used to buying the cheapest stuff on Newegg, so Newegg now doesn't try? I don't know, but it's pretty lame.

On the other hand, I just bought a 2900 Pro on Newegg for only $130 dollars after MIR.

Newegg is often NOT the best place to buy cases and PSUs. I'm not that surprised to see another area where they're doing bad. Still, they are almost always the best place to shop for anything else. I am so furious that they won't ship to Canada :fou:

Dan_P

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2008

You just need to find someone in the states to ship it to you. Also i do find newegg isnt always cheap. i shop 3 online stores and then find its the same price or alittle more at my local shop. I live in california i get charged shipping anyways but i can always save on shipping

hcforde

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2006
BestBUy has been out of the 3870"s since BEFORE Christmas. I can sell them to you at $1.00 if I am out of stock. When they were in stock they were right up there with all of the others.

Also do NOT hold your breath waiting for the 3870x2 from BestBUy. I was told that they were not planning to carry the card because of its price. Seems like a stupid decision for a stupid reason. If the market wants the product why not carry it. With CompUsa gone why not be the brick and mortar that carries it is only online?

Go figure!!