Graphics Card Turning Off

Hi guys, for the love of God, can someone please help me. This is driving me nuts.

My 3850 HD Sapphire ATI card keeps turning off whilst I play Eve-Online.

I have the 8.1 catalyst drivers.

The CCC log says this :

The driver ati2dvag for the display device \Device\Video1 got stuck in an infinite loop. This usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly. Please check with your hardware device vendor for any driver updates.

and this:

Faulting application ExeFile.exe, version 4.10.0.44942, faulting module python25.dll, version 2.5.1150.1013, fault address 0x0002ce37.

I've tried turning off VPU Recover.

I've tried this http://www.sightsea.com/pghpchd/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=19&PN=1

My system : Asus MoBo, 4400+ x2, 2GB Kingston RAM, 700W Arctic PSU

It's not the GPU temp, I have rivatuner running and any crashes occur at a temp of 50 degrees or less.

Can ANYONE help me please?!
6 answers Last reply
More about graphics card turning
  1. Have you tried reinstalling your OS? That could probably work as a last resort.
  2. Its probably the game itself. Try some other games (ie. Crysis demo ;) [big file 1.3GB], Halo CE [128mb], etc ) and see if that still happens. looks like python25.dll has something to do with the Python language/scripts. This could have been installed through the game itself (for Multi Player ??)

[edit]
    I searched for python25.dll in 4 of my PCs and its not there, so looks like its installed by the game. Esp. since the game is MMORPG.
  3. aye, im starting to believe its an actual game bug, as opposed to my awesome PC.

Thanks xx
  4. I occasionally used to get random errors of the type you are describing when I played FarCry. Totally random - never in the same place - put it down to the program as it never did it with HL2, Halo or some others I had.
  5. I had this on 3870 when i first got the card and then did a clean install... never came back.... but now IE just craashes all the time.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Devices Graphics