actionhank

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2007
Hey guys!! I've been doing some research for the past 2-3 weeks and tomorrow i'm finally planning to order my components.

My Build:

MONITOR: Samsung SM206BW 20" / LG L204WT 20"(£ 30 less then samsung) / LG L226WTQ-SF 22" (£8 more then sam.)

CPU: Intel DualCore E2160 / E2180
HEATSINK: Arctic Cooling AC-FRZ-7P Freezer 7 Pro
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R Socket 775 ATX / ??
GPU: Innovision 3D 8800GTS 512MB / Point of View 8800GTS 512MB
RAM: OCZ 2GB Kit (2x1GB) DDR2 800MHz 4-4-4-15 PLATINUM
HARD DRIVE: Seagate ST3250410AS 250GB SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache / WD or Samsung?
OPTICAL DRIVE: LG 18X SATA DVD±RW/DL/RAM OEM
CASE: Coolermaster CM690 Dominator
PSU: Corsair VX 550W

TOTAL: around £ 750 inc. delivery ( Getting all of my parts from www.ebuyer.com)

So what you think of my Build? I haven't really decided yet what monitor, cpu, mobo, hdd and gpu should i get, so i would really appreciate your help! I'm planning to overclock my e2160/80 to 3.2/3.4 use it for few months and then get the q9450. I've been planning to get the samsung 206bw monitor, but one of my friends told me to get the LG L226WTQ instead coz its bigger and has similar specs, so now im completely confused which one should i pick! oh that 20" LG looks good as well :heink: . Which GPU brand is better Inno3d or Point of View? So could you just look through my specs and the stuff i'm still undecided and make some suggestions please? I really want to finally order my pc!
Thanks!

chuckm

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2007
Looks good, I think I'd get Crucial Ballistix or Corsair ram though, my experience with OCZ is hit or miss. I haven't checked to see if you can get it on ebuyer.

actionhank

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2007
Chuckm unfortunately they don't have any Crucial Ballistix on their site and the Corsair memory seems to be a bit pricey to be honest.

Black$heep86

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2008
I have a point of view 8800 GTS And its perfect haven't had a single problem at all. Maybe go for a bigger case for more airflow like the CMStacker 830 SE Case this is crucial for overclocking you don't want your pc to become an oven the more air flow the more hot air can be displaced by cold air... I think the ram will be fine even tho i agree with chuckm the Crucial Ballistix is very very good ram. Ok do the monitors have the same response time? If they do go for the 22"

actionhank

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2007
Black$heep did you try to overclock your gts by any chance? If you did how did it go?
I was doing some research on my case and it should be sufficient enough to keep everything cool enough, besides i'm planning to add some addtitional fans to my case.
CM Stacker is an awesome case but unfortunately i'm on a tight budget so i can't really afford it i have to say.
I might actually shop around and maybe get the Crucial Ballistix somewhere else then. Is that Ram really so good?
Thanks again for all of your help!!

I like your choices in general.

Get the GA-P35-DS3R instead of the GA-P35C-DS3R. It will save you some money and overclock better, and all you lose is the pointless DDR3 support.

I'm using a GA-P35C-DS3R with OCZ Vista Upgrade 2x2GB DDR2-800. It costs only $100 for 4GB where I live. Don't know if it's good for overclocking though. Kingston HyperX is also a good option for that board.

I have a Samsung 216BW and an LG. I prefer the Samsung because it can be rotated, it's very convenient. It also came with a DVI cable in the box, while the LG didn't. Apart from that, they're both great.

Black$heep86

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2008
Yeah i know i bought one the other day and so happy about it my system stays cool hey... No I haven't i don't want to overclock it the 8800's run hot if you over clock reccommend maybe watercooling the card, Its a very exspensive part of anyones system so i don't see a point in doing it until really needed or until warrenty is up. You won't need to do it they give most things a beating lol unless overclocking is a hobbie then all for it!

TRENDING THREADS