Should I RMA my sound card or motherboard?

Jook

Distinguished
Feb 29, 2008
I just got my Asus P5E motherboard back after I RMA'd it 3 weeks ago. I RMA'd it due to a bios failure/curroption and it wouldn't post. They gave me a new motherboard, and I don't see how it takes more than 20 days for them to do such a thing. Anyways, their RMA service sucks, their software is faulty, their forums are slow and now I have a new problem.

I just reinstalled a brand new P5E motherboard and my sound card doesn't seem to get detected. Its a Supreme FXII (PCI-E 1x) that came with the mobo, and the blue lights are on, showing that their is at least power going to it. My speakers are in the correct audio port, and they work on my other computer just fine.

Im using Vista 64 and I NEVER had this problem with the previous board. I didn't even need to install any drivers, as the sound card seemed to just be plug and play
. I assumed that the new mobo had some sort of compatibility issue with my hard drive, so I reformatted and reinstalled Vista. I get the same old

"No Audio Output Device is installed." while hovering my mouse over the speaker icon with a red X on it.

There is NO, I repeat, NO sound/audio controller under device manager, and not a single exclamation mark/question mark. Ive installed realtek HD audio drivers with no effect. I tried installing the audio drivers that came with the mobo, but it keeps saying its not compatible with my hardware.

I checked the bios, and audio is enabled.

Google has found a lot about this subject, but most of the forums are just dead ends.

RMA again?