NEED YOUR EXPERIENCE!!!

iluvgillgill

Splendid
Jan 1, 2007
recently i build a PC for my mum in another country and im about to leave and currently i had it OCed. everything stable and E2180 clocked at 3Ghz@1.3475V(BIOS).

and here is the question has anyone had to decrease their OC after what period? of course i wont come back in at least a year or maybe even 2, i sure you all know that normal family guy or housewife dont know much about computer let alone OC, so if the system go weak i cant be there to adjust the setting. so i would wanna know that how long before they "fail" in "new" OC setting?

kkm557

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
From my general understanding, processors will last around say 8-10 years. With each 10 degree increase celcius, you take one year off of the lifespan. So you can make an assumption based on that, but you also have to consider the fact that very rarely does a processor die before say a power supply or video card.

iluvgillgill

Splendid
Jan 1, 2007
i know that but i wanted to know when will it fail at the current OC voltage or speed before i need to decrease the clockspeed or give it further voltage boost to maintain the speed?

but thanks for reply anyway:)

ausch30

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
I ran into a problem with my E6300 and P5N32-E SLI where it ran fine @ 2.8 for about 6 months but one day it just wouldn't boot and I had to put everything back to stock in order for it to run. I know this is a rare occurrence but it is a possibility and since I don't see your mom playing Crysis or anything why don't you just put everything back to stock just to be safe.

kkm557

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
Okay, I see what you are saying. I was confused since you put "had" instead of "have" and a few other grammatical imperfections. I've never had an OC decrease, but I've never had a computer using the same processor for that long. If you won't be using it and the people you are leaving it with know little about computers, they probably don't need the extra speed. Why not just put it at stock settings. That's what I did for my dad's computer. I undervolted an Opteron as stock speeds, but I place a lot more faith in an (S939) Opteron over an E2180.

iluvgillgill

Splendid
Jan 1, 2007
thanks for the reply.i think i just need to save the OC BIOS profile then lower the multiplier and save another profile so i can easily switch between the 2 when i touch it again.

does anyone happen to know/have or where to download the Galaxy Xtreme Tuner? which i can use to flash nvidia card BIOS in windows.