Wheres the phenom BIOS upgrade??

doarules

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2008
Hey guys,
Can anyone tell me why gigabyte has released a bios for the GA-M59SLI-S5 to support phenom processors but not the GA-M59SLI-S4. Aren't these boards virtually the same 0_o, i mean seriously it seems like they've forgotten about the S4 and if they jip me out of getting more from my motherboard ill jump ship on the next mobo upgrade and go to asus FOR GOOD!

rockbyter

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
asus and msi are doing the same thing, it may be more or less along the lines of they all dont care -- or worse, they designed the board in a way that its just not going to work.

doarules

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2008
I think its stupid either way, AMD should put some pressure on them because once i reach the end of this mobo's upgrade-ability i'm switching to intel so it would be in AMD's best interest (sale wise) to get on this.

doarules

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2008
Ok i know this isn't a huge deal but it looks promising. Gigabyte recently added a new bios update for this motherboard and i am now more enticed to believe a phenom bios update is on the way.
Check it out, it may be dated as last year but the 2007 bios update has only been added this week!
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support [...] uctID=2313

keithlm

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2007

"Hello Gigabyte? This is AMD. You MUST update the bios on your old motherboards or ELSE we'll.. uh... er... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!"

doarules

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2008
lol yes, now thinking about what i said it is stupid to think that AMD can do anything to make gigabyte update the bios on there old motherboards. But i still remain hopeful :p