fuzen

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2007
Hi, I'm lost as to what to do about this problem and I need help! My desktop just froze last nite while playing a game, nothing was working when it froze, so I tried to restart but that didn't work so I powered it off by the psu switch. I attempted to boot it back up but the pc will start for roughly 1-2 seconds then shut off completely. The pc will turn on and turn off over and over until I pull the power.

What I did:
I went to look inside the case and see what was going on and noticed that when I powered the system on everything seemed to be working: the fans turned on, psu fan worked, gpu worked, but the CPU fan was not turning(tuniq tower). I didn't really know what to do so I switched its connecter on the mobo from the CPU_FAN header to the SYS_FAN header. I'm not sure what this did but it got the tuniq's fan to move.

Other notes: Sometimes after one bad start(pc starts then shuts down) the whole system will seem to run fine: it won't turn off and keep going with all fans active but the keyboard won't turn on(lights wont work on keyboard, only the F keys button will turn on) and there will be no activity on the monitor.

PC specs:
Gigabyte p-35 ds3r
Intel e6750 @ 3.2ghz
Tuniq tower cpu fan
2gb Crucial Ballistix pc2 6400
Corsair 520HX PSU
Evga 8800GTS KO 320MB
Seagate Barracuda 320GB

I am at a loss as to what to do and I can't afford to go to a repair shop and pay $200+ to fix what ever is wrong with the pc. Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
1) You need something connected to the CPU fan or it will not fire up.
2) Go into the BIOS and kill any splash screens you may have on, and then watch what it is saying during post.

mike99

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
Put CPU fan back where it was and reset BIOS with Clear CMOS jumper. How old is your PSU? Could be failing, can you borrow one to test? When you power up go into BIOS and go to hardware monitor section and watch Fan Speed and CPU Temp. Fan should run at steady speed and CPU Temp reach a constant reading.

Mike.

fuzen

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2007
At the current stage I cannot access BIOS, nothing appears on screen or the system will go into a continuous reboot loop. I will try clearing the cmos and see what happens.

TRENDING THREADS