CPU Intel C2D E6750 2.66GHz
MB Asus P5KC
2x 1GB DDR2 ADATA 800Mhz
Xpertvision 8800GT 512MB
HDD Samsung 250GB
no other components are connected to MB or power suply
Power suply Fortron blue storm II 500W
OS Win XP 32bit SP2 with installed latest updates

1. cooling fan runs allways on 100% - is it ok?
2. I can not see core temperature in any utility (Rivatuner, nTunes, ATItool, Speed fan...) - why I can not see temperture?

3. Games crash:
Crysis always freezes after 10 minutes of play ( various resolution, various details ( hight to medium ), NO Antialiasing )
World in conflict always freezes in 5 - 15 minutes of play ( various resolution, various details ( hight to medium ), NO Antialiasing )
Company of heroes Demo freezes after 15 minutes of play ( full resolution and details, NO Antialiasing )

After computer freezes, it is totaly locked so I must manualy restart it.

I have tested with various nVidia driver versions ( 169.02, 169.04, 169.21 169.28 )
Card was not overclocked so it use factory settings ( as all components ).
Card is properly installed and power cable is properly connected to it.
My case is open so all components have access to cool air.

Can anybody help me please?

hashtable

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2008
Update:
3D mark 2006 works fine. score 11 000
Crysis vga benchmark also works fine (running continously 10 times on hight details, no antialiasing)

Thank you for your fast reply :)

I will try to test my memory with Prime95 and test graphics on other computer and better PSU (if I found someone)

kertoip

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2008
Any progress ??

I have got the same problems with palit 8800GT ( no temperature + laud fan ). I tried many ways (new drivers, bios) and nothing happend.

bash007

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2007
Is this problem exclusive only to the blue-colored HSF Palit 8800GTs, or does it also affect the normal cards?
I was thinking of getting a Palit (regular version, though) since it seemed to be cheaper than most, and then getting an aftermarket cooler like the Accelero S1. But after seeing this, I'm having second thoughts.
Also, attila I'd like to know what happens with your card, so keep us posted.

attila_the_gorilla

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008
Well I was only interested in their own custom design, the blue HSF. So that`s what I was having this issue with. I RMA`d it, and the replacement had exactly the same issue. So I got a full refund and still looking for a video card hehe. It`s a shame because if the card works properly, it`s one of the best 8800GT`s out there in my opinion, but I`m getting tired of the hassle, so I`m thinking of buying a more expensive brand. Have a look at this:

http://www.leadtek.com/eng/company/press_2.asp?newsid=671

bash007

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2007
Looks nice!
As I said, though, I'm looking to get a reference card and slap an Accelero S1 on it and cool it passively. Doesn't get much more silent than that.
Have a look at this:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1261100
I've posted this a couple of times, don't know if you've seen it before, but it's worth taking a look at, IMO.
Notice the temps when passively cooled and overclocked.

attila_the_gorilla

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008
That passive cooler looks impressive, but I`d prefer not to spend any extra if I can get away with it. Plus I managed to fry an x1900xt last time I replaced the stock cooler hehe.