Zerg Drones Bypass Hatchery

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft,alt.games.starcraft.broodwars (More info?)

I have a bit of a mystery going on in the mission I am currently
playing. It is BW Zerg Mission #7 "Drawing of the Web".

I built a hatchery on a plateau where there were minerals and gas. I
hatched several drones and told them to gather the minerals and the
gas. The ones carrying the minerals get them and drop them off at
that hatchery. The ones carrying the gas take go right pass the
hatchery and go on down to ground level to another hatchery.

If I "catch" them and click them and click the hatchery on the
plateau, they will deposit the gas there, get more then go on past
again. They flat out refuse to leave it at that hatchery.

Why would that happen??

I've restarted several times and moved the hatchery thinking there
wasn't enough room but now there is plenty of room and they still
bypass.

The only other thing I haven't tried is to connect the extracter to
the hatchery with creep. Right now, the creep isn't reaching the
extracter.

Thanks for any help!

-Tim

"Mr. Tuvix" <ten.saila.myn@xivutrm> wrote in message
>I have a bit of a mystery going on in the mission I am currently
> playing. It is BW Zerg Mission #7 "Drawing of the Web".
>
> I built a hatchery on a plateau where there were minerals and gas. I
> hatched several drones and told them to gather the minerals and the
> gas. The ones carrying the minerals get them and drop them off at
> that hatchery. The ones carrying the gas take go right pass the
> hatchery and go on down to ground level to another hatchery.
>
> If I "catch" them and click them and click the hatchery on the
> plateau, they will deposit the gas there, get more then go on past
> again. They flat out refuse to leave it at that hatchery.
>
> Why would that happen??
>
> I've restarted several times and moved the hatchery thinking there
> wasn't enough room but now there is plenty of room and they still
> bypass.
>
> The only other thing I haven't tried is to connect the extracter to
> the hatchery with creep. Right now, the creep isn't reaching the
> extracter.

They will always go to the "closest" hatchery, even if there is something in
the way that they need to go around.

Hope that helps

When you build your next hatchery put it right by the extractor so they go
to that one. You can't make them default to go somewhere else, unless you
destroy the annoying drone bait hatchery.

--
LTP

"Stupid is as stupid does"