Q9450 oc to 3.6ghz are these temp and bios settings ok

easiicom

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
i have been wondering about the temperatures i have oc my q9450 to 3.6 with temps at idle reading with real temp 2.60 they are 31.35.35.32 and running prime for 30 mins were 54.51.55.52 the vcore set at 1.275v are they normal temps for it when it is oc or should i change something heres my spec and bios settings could you tell me if this looks like it is set correct.

PSU ( Power Supply Unit ) = 1000WATT
CPU = Q9450
RAM = Corsair® 4GB DDR3 TwinX XMS3 TWIN3X2048-1600C9DHX
HDD (have your windows installation ON)= 300G VELOCERAPTOR
VGA1 = ASUS MK241H
VGA2 ( if you have ) =
VGA3 ( if you have ) =
SPU ( Sound Card ) = ONBOARD
NorthBridge Cooling = STOCK(IF THAT WHAT IT CALLED LOL)
SouthBridge Cooling = STOCK
CPU Cooling = Asus Silent Knight II CPU Cooler
RAM Cooling = FAN
nFORCE Chipset Drivers Version = NVIDIA nForce 790i Ultra SLI chipset (ASUS Striker II Extreme )
ForceWare/GeForce Drivers Version = NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280
Sound Card Drivers Version =
BIOS version 0801 REQUIRED 0901 installed

BIOS Settings
Extreme Tweaker
CPU Level Up = Auto
Memory Level Up = Auto
AI Overclock Tuner = Manual
CPU Multiplier = 8.0
FSB - Memory Clock Mode =unlinked
FSB - Memory Ratio = auto ?
FSB (QDR) MHz = 1800
MEM (DDR) MHz =1600
LDT Frequency = 5x
PCIE Bus Slot 1 & 2 MHz = 100
PCIE Bus Slot 3 MHz = 100
SPP<->MCP Ref Clock, MHz = AUTO ?
SLI-Ready Memory = Disabled

Memory Timing Setting
P1 = ENABLED
P2 =ENABLED
tCL ( CAS Latency ) = 7
tRCD = 7
tRP = 7
tRAS = 24
Command Per Clock (CMD) = 2T
tRRD = 6
tRC = 41
tWR = 12
tWTR = 18
tFAW = 25
tRD = 9
tRTP = 6
tRFC = 88
tREF = 7.8US

Over Voltage
CPU Voltage = 1.275
Loadline Calibration = Enabled
CPU PLL Voltage = 1.50
CPU VTT Voltage = 1.30
Memory Voltage =1.90
NB Core Voltage =1.50
SB Core Voltage = AUTO BUT CHKD IN HWARE AND IS 1.48
CPU GTL REF0 Ratio =AUTO
CPU GTL REF1 Ratio =AUTO
CPU GTL REF2 Ratio =AUTO
CPU GTL REF3 Ratio =AUTO
NB GTL REF Ratio =40MV
DDR3 CHA1 Ref Volt =ENAB
DDR3 CHB1 Ref Volt =ENAB
DDR3 CHA2 Ref Volt =ENAB
DDR3 CHB2 Ref Volt =ENAB

CPU Configuration
CPU Internal Thermal Control = Disabled
Limit CPUID MaxVal = Disabled
Enhanced C1 (C1E) = Disabled
Execute Disable Bit = DISABLED
Virtualization Technology = Disabled
Enhanced Intel SpeedStep(tm) Tech. = Disabled
CPU Core 2 = Enabled
CPU Core 3 ( Ignore this setting, unless you have a Quad-Core CPU ) = Enabled
CPU Core 4 ( Ignore this setting, unless you have a Quad-Core CPU ) = Enabled

Spread Spectrum Control
CPU Spread Spectrum = Disabled
PCIE Spread Spectrum = Disabled
MCP PCIE Spread Spectrum = Disabled
SATA Spread Spectrum = Disabled
LDT Spread Spectrum = Disabled

i just changed all the settings in my bios from another oc version that was posted some where as we nearly had the same spec pc.

Liderc

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
Temps look good, but for stability, you should always run prime for at least 8-12 hours on small FFTs, and then again on blend. I do mine for 24 hours and a lot of people say it's not stable until it passes prime for 24 hours. I don't think you necessarily need 24 hours primed, but it could never hurt. All your voltages look good though, no problems there. I'd turn on blend for a good 8-12 hours and see how it does.

easiicom

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
nice 1 for the quick reply..i didnt want to run it for that long as i done it last night and very new to overclocking i wanted to make sure they were ok settings 1st,and i didnt want the house blowing up while we were in bed.but i will run it and see.....and thanks i will add the finished result when done if i can still have a pc to get on the net(lol).

easiicom

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
right done a stability test and i turned it off after 17hrs 35mins 30sec .i was told that 12hrs is sufficient.so does this means that the system is stable.i have snapshots of the stability test and real temp and cpu-z just not figured out how to add them to this post yet lol.

itadakimasu

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
those are low temperatures....

my bios gives me cpu temp reading of 18c avg but then when i have the computer booted in windows realtemp is always around 40c idle regardless of stock 2.66 settings or up to 3.6.

maybe the cores temp readings are just faulty ... idk. i had mine running at 3.5 w\ ram @ 750mhz (ocz 1333)

easiicom

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
i have tried to insert the jpg's from the stability test also the temp readouts but i cant get them on this post.on the asus readout the temps are even lower but i believe the realtemp readings so me happy as it running like a dream....

Liderc

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
Good to hear. Realtemp is usually a pretty solid program to use for checking your CPU temps so I wouldn't worry. You could always use Coretemp and speedfan and make sure they're matching up just in case. But 17 hours and no errors looks pretty good.

Enjoy.

easiicom

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
i have been told that this mobo needs to be oc to stop the probs that they have/had, ie: bsod/random lockups etc,i did get them before i oc but been solid now for days not a bsod in sight.also the ram was stock set up on the bios as running at 1066 so if anyone is having probs with bsod or similar probs with the asus striker II extreme and you haven't o-clocked 1st i'd check wat your ram is running a as stock setting.