4th master hard disk error---why?

sean126

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2007
Hi,

I'm desparately needing some help and have been hard pressed to find some on this subject.

I've got a P5w dh deluxe board. New Bios, 2602, because of my Quad GO stepping cpu.

BEFORE----I had 2 hard drives and 2 dvd burners. Had the C drive on Sata 1, the 2 dvd burners on Sata 3 and 4 and had the 320 storage drive on EZ Raid 1 port. Everything worked fine.
I wiped my hard drives and reinstalled Windows XP.
NOW----I got another storage drive, and I don't want to RAID anything, and I am having alot of problems when I tried to put it into EZ Raid 2 port. I was getting the 4th Master hard disk error.

I had wiped my hard drives and reinstalled Windows XP...was getting the errors no matter how I arranged the 2 storage drives and dvd burners. EZ Raid ports were giving me the error. I uninstalled the Jmicron driver, and then reinstalled it. I've got the errors taken care of, but now the system won't recongize anything I put into the EZ Raid 1 port. I've tried the Burners on Sata 3 and 4 with the storage drives on the EZ Raid ports, I've tried one storage and one dvd burner on the Sata ports while the other storage and dvd burner was on the EZ Raid ports....

I've tried to enable and then disable the EZ RAID in the bios, and it doesn't help. I've disabled the EZ Raid ROM in the bios. I think that's what you call it.

Right now, I've got Dvd burners on Sata 3 and 4 and the storage drives on the EZ Raid ports and it is only showing the drive on EZ RAid 2. I enabled EZ RAID in the bios, thinking that would help, but it didn't.

Could someone please be kind enough to help me with the right settings and ports? Again, I do not want to RAID anything and while I know a little about computers....I'm not as smart as many of the users I see on here, so the explanation needs to be in layman's terms.

thanks alot.

sean126

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2007
I can't believe this. I've been to 3 websites and no one can (or will) help me! Yes, I've visited Asus's website and I get the same reaction.....nothing.