jerrynks

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2008
sometime ago... i have a problem with my computer... when i on it , it will on like 5 seconds ( with no display on the screen ) and shut down itself...then it will on automatically again and off it self...it will just keep repeating... i've tested the PSU , Proc , GC and Ram with no avail... then i took out my motherboard and RMA... took me a while .....

in that mean time , i've used my old motherboard ( dell foxconn motherboard ) with my proc , GC and Ram ( 4 x 512 mb )
it worked great

after for 4-5 months =.= i got fed up of waiting for the RMA , i bought a Asus Maximus Formula instead
and i fix up everything hoping it will work...
but .. the problem stayed on...
so i tried one by one thing again

and finally i found out that... when i slot in 4 slot of ram... my com powers up... for 5 sec ( no display ) and off it self...then automatically on again for another 5 secs and off it self again... continuously

when i slot in 3 slot of ram , my computer get to boot up till splash screen and get stuck there....

when i slot in 2 or 1 ram..then only i can boot up

but here comes the biggest question mark

I got another set of ram ... 4 x 1gb

the same result.... and besides my ram is working on my older computer

so Ram has no problem
proc has no problem
GC has no problem
psu has no problem
hd have no problem

change motherboard from gigabyte p35-dq6 to asus Maximus Formula
both has the same problem....

i dont think both the motherboard has the same problem >.<

can anyone have any idea about this?

jerrynks

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2008
yes ... i even equip a new sata harddrive and reinstalled windows but the same problem remains... tested out again with another set of Ram... kingston hyper x 4 x 1g the problem is the same again =S

jerrynks

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2008
yeah i'm using that type of screws...using cooler master stacker at the moment... and doubt its short circuiting =S

systemlord

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006
Sometimes when you get a new mobo some brands of RAM might work and some RAM will not, I had this problem once and a BIOS update was required. We need more information about brand, model of all you computer components. Also what your RAM spec's are to, like example 5-5-5-15 800MHz 2.2 volts.

jerrynks

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2008
I'm using a Asus Maximus Formula and a NECC 4 x 512mb Ram with the code number HYS64T64000-3S-A , DDR2 667 mhz ...

I checked on the Maximus formula book and the codename is usable to the motherboard ... so i doubt its the compatibility problem =S

systemlord

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006

The Asus Maximus Formula forums (Asus own forums) is the best place to ask for the problem you are having. Maybe somemore posters can still help.

http://vip.asus.com/forum/topic.aspx?board_id=1&model=Maximus+Formula&SLanguage=en-us