Palm Desktop for Linux

May 6, 2004 3:26:34 PM

Is there a Palm Desktop similar program for Linux ?
What is the best (and free) alternative ?

Thank you.
--
Fabio Pereira Bernardino
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

More about : palm desktop linux

May 6, 2004 9:31:05 PM

jpilot

Fabio Bernardino a Ă©crit:
> Is there a Palm Desktop similar program for Linux ?
> What is the best (and free) alternative ?
>
> Thank you.
> --
> Fabio Pereira Bernardino
> Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
> -- Remove SPAM before replying
Anonymous
May 7, 2004 1:21:53 PM

> Is there a Palm Desktop similar program for Linux ? What is the best
> (and free) alternative ?

Quite a few, in fact:

J-Pilot - http://www.jpilot.org/

J-Pilot is a desktop organizer application for PalmOS
devices. It is meant to be an alternative to the Palm
Desktop for those who run the most popular Operating
Systems in the World, Linux and Unix.

gnome-pilot/Evolution: http://www.ximian.com/products/evolution/

Ximian Evolution® is the award-winning personal and
workgroup information management solution for Linux and
UNIX-based systems. The software seamlessly integrates
email, calendaring, meeting scheduling, contact
management, and task lists, in one powerful, fast, and
easy-to-use application.

KPilot - http://www.slac.com/pilone/kpilot_home/

KPilot is a replacement for the Palm Desktop software
from Palm Inc, which makes your Palm/Palm Pilot/Visor
computer capable of exchanging information with your KDE
powered computer. KPilot doesn't replace the Palm Desktop
all by itself. It connects and integrates a number of
fine KDE 3.x applications into a package that can do
everything the Palm Desktop can, and more.

PilotManager -http://www.moshpit.org/pilotmgr/

PilotManager is a tool that allows you to synchronize
databases on any 3Com Palm device (PalmPilot, PalmIII,
PalmIIIx, PalmV, more?) with applications on your Unix
platform. It is a full Hotsync daemon that is user
extensible. Developers can write their own conduits to
synchronize Pilot databases with the desktop application
of their choice!

Chandler -
http://www.osafoundation.org/Chandler_Compelling_Vision...

Our product (code-named "Chandler" after the great
detective novelist Raymond Chandler,) is a Personal
Information Manager (PIM) intended for use in everyday
information and communication tasks, such as composing and
reading email, managing an appointment calendar and
keeping a contact list.

XNotesPlus - http://www.graphics-muse.com/xnotes/xnotes.html

XNotesPlus offers Linux and other Unix users a complete
Personal Information Managment system with a simple but
full featured interface.

And quite a few others, depending on what you want it to do.

There is also a new one being developed clandestinly by some
developers I know that will purportedly blow away the commercial
competition, and of course, will be made available as Free
Software.
!