Sign in with
Your question

Acer Aspire 5735Z Wireless issues

Last response: in Wireless Networking
April 9, 2009 11:08:02 AM

My Acer Aspire 5735Z, which runs on Vista (yea yea I know, but it came pre-installed on it) cannot seem to pick up wireless signals. When I 'turn on' the wireless there is simply no detection of it. I believe I have a WLAN 802.11b chip/card thingy if thats helpful. I guess i need to download a driver of some sort but I really don't know where to begin.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
April 9, 2009 12:21:21 PM

Are there wireless sources in your area (presumably you have a router yourself and its wireless is enabled)? Are you satisfied that you've investigated Vista's wireless networking fully ? Have you checked Control Panel, Device Manager to see if the wireless is working normally ?

If so I think your next stop must be the Asus website to download the correct driver.
April 10, 2009 7:41:51 AM

I played around a little and in the end got this message "Windows was able to successfully install device driver software, but the driver software encountered a problem when it tried to run. The problem code is 10." Any idea how I might fix this?

Thanks in advance
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
April 10, 2009 9:14:07 AM

I think I would first check the base of the Acer to see if there's a hatch which allows you to access the wireless adapter -- if it's a mini-PCI, it's feasible it has slipped out slightly. A but unlikely though as the sort of bash needed to do that would probably have damaged the computer.

Otherwise, uninstall the driver and the device in Windows (if appearing in Device Manager, Hardware with a warning flag) and re-start the computer.

It's possible that Windows is trying to install its own driver -- you probably need the proper driver from Acer (I don't know why I put Asus in my earlier post -- they are different companies).
!