mobo to Composite cable suggestion plz

I have an EVGA 630i mobo, I'm trying to set up an HTPC. I've set up a different HTPC with this TV before successfully, but the setup was a bit different. So right now I'm trying to get the VGA to go out to the Composite inputs on my TV. Not getting a good signal, it's there but it's garbage: looping and no color, it's practically snow. The cable is a VGA->Composite. The VGA port is giving signal, I can hook it up to a monitor. So there must be some issue with the adapter cable. I can't think of anyway to test or troubleshoot this.

Suggestions? What's the best way to get signal from my mobo to my TV? The mobo has DVI, VGA and HDMI (no S-Video). The TV has standard RCA video input and Composite (YYP?) input.

I searched this, but didn't find any answers.

Well, I'm a jackass, I just read the cables description and it says "Not intended to work with a computer's output." Jeez. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FM3EQ0

So basically I don't have any way to get signal from the PC to the TV and I need a suggestion.
4 answers Last reply
More about mobo composite cable suggestion
  1. They make VGA to RCA cables.
    Whats the resolution on your TV?
  2. It's standard, 480i. Or whatever the resolution was when there was only one kind of TV :) Looks like I just didn't know what to type into google. I'll call Radio Shack and see what I can come up with. So RCA is the same as Composite?
  3. No, RCA is not the same as composite.
  4. So the VGA to RCA would be a D15 on one end and a single RCA male on the other end? I put "VGA to RCA" in google and found a cable that was D15->3 RCA jacks. So I'm confused.
Ask a new question

Read More

Tuner Cards TV VGA Cable Graphics