Keyboard keys

On my HP mini I have a problem with the keyboard. Unless I hold down the FN there are symbols and letters on certain keys that are different from the standard keyboard.
Examples are: M prints out as 0; U prints out as 4; O prints out as 6; P prints out as 8; 2 prints out as @.
I have been trying to figure it out but I have been unsuccessful. I am not certain if this is the correct forum for help but I would really appreciate any because I want to turn it OFF.

Thank you,
snowheb
3 answers Last reply
More about keyboard keys
  1. Go to control panel....regional and language options....select your language....language tab....details....select language....press ok....finish
  2. Its because your keyboard language setting is set as united states x
  3. snowheb said:
    On my HP mini I have a problem with the keyboard. Unless I hold down the FN there are symbols and letters on certain keys that are different from the standard keyboard.
    Examples are: M prints out as 0; U prints out as 4; O prints out as 6; P prints out as 8; 2 prints out as @.
    I have been trying to figure it out but I have been unsuccessful. I am not certain if this is the correct forum for help but I would really appreciate any because I want to turn it OFF.

Thank you,
    snowheb

Try turning off number lock.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration HP Mini Keyboards Windows XP