Sign in with
Your question

Keyboard keys

Last response: in Windows XP
June 23, 2010 2:28:26 AM

On my HP mini I have a problem with the keyboard. Unless I hold down the FN there are symbols and letters on certain keys that are different from the standard keyboard.
Examples are: M prints out as 0; U prints out as 4; O prints out as 6; P prints out as 8; 2 prints out as @.
I have been trying to figure it out but I have been unsuccessful. I am not certain if this is the correct forum for help but I would really appreciate any because I want to turn it OFF.

Thank you,
snowheb

More about : keyboard keys

June 26, 2010 11:25:21 AM

Go to control panel....regional and language options....select your language....language tab....details....select language....press ok....finish
m
l
June 26, 2010 11:26:30 AM

Its because your keyboard language setting is set as united states x
m
l
June 27, 2010 5:54:01 PM

snowheb said:
On my HP mini I have a problem with the keyboard. Unless I hold down the FN there are symbols and letters on certain keys that are different from the standard keyboard.
Examples are: M prints out as 0; U prints out as 4; O prints out as 6; P prints out as 8; 2 prints out as @.
I have been trying to figure it out but I have been unsuccessful. I am not certain if this is the correct forum for help but I would really appreciate any because I want to turn it OFF.

Thank you,
snowheb

Try turning off number lock.
m
l
!