Sign in with
Your question

How to install Japanese Input (keyboard) in my English OS

Last response: in Windows XP
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 23, 2010 5:41:37 AM

Hello,
I asked my niece to reformat my laptop with Japanese keyboard but after doing so it becomes English keyboard and I cannot type in Japanese anymore. What should I do to bring back my laptop keyboard in Japanese?
a b D Laptop
June 23, 2010 5:52:20 AM

Quote:
Hello,
I asked my niece to reformat my laptop with Japanese keyboard but after doing so it becomes English keyboard and I cannot type in Japanese anymore. What should I do to bring back my laptop keyboard in Japanese?

[#0005ff]I'm afraid you need to reinstall XP again and select Japanese as the language of choice. I believe it's too big an issue to amend in an existing installaiton but you could look in Control Panel>Regional and Language and see what happens if you try to add a language but I fear Japanese is too copmplex a language with unique and diffficult scripts simply to add to your list of languages.[/#000ff]
m
l
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 28, 2010 7:59:49 AM

it's easy without a fresh install. Go to www.hkksconsulting.com to watch a simple instructional video on how to do it. It's just a few simple easy steps.

Ken
m
l
a b D Laptop
October 28, 2010 8:04:34 AM

Does that not just show how to add Japanese as a language, Ken? I read the OP's requirement as wanting Japanese as the language of the installation
m
l
!