This game refuses to die

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

still accounts for 1/4-1/3 of all bnet traffic.

With that sort of following, it's sort of crazy they never did SC2.
11 answers Last reply
More about this game refuses
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

    <kgringioni@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > still accounts for 1/4-1/3 of all bnet traffic.
    >
    > With that sort of following, it's sort of crazy they never did SC2.

    They WILL do an SC2 - they have just said that the technology for what they
    have in mind doesn't yet exist.

    Sounds to me like they want some kind of interplanetary warfare thingie

    Part of the incredible success of SC is it's high playablity along with its
    low resource requirements. While they may have been pushing the hardware
    limits at the time, they certainly aren't anymore ;)

    SC lacks true redundancy. It has excellent balance, between ally units and
    the different races. Every unit has a purpose and every strategy has a
    counter.

    It can be played with heavy micro, or it can be played with mindless
    massing.

    So you see, it really shouldn't surprise you that this game is very
    enduring.

    WAR III has a very steep learning curve. Diablo 1 quickly becomes extremely
    repeditive. War 2 was not diverse enough to endure (it was fun at the time,
    but compedition, including compedition from SC even, pushed it out of the
    forefront)

    -LTP

    :)
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

    Luc The Perverse wrote:

    > SC lacks true redundancy. It has excellent balance, between ally
    units and
    > the different races. Every unit has a purpose and every strategy has
    > counter.

    Agree with that. That's why it lasted so long.

    Still can't believe it's still as popular as it is. The marketplace
    doesn't lie.

    K. Gringioni.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

    >> SC lacks true redundancy. It has excellent balance, between ally
    > units and
    >> the different races. Every unit has a purpose and every strategy has
    >> counter.
    > Agree with that. That's why it lasted so long.
    > Still can't believe it's still as popular as it is. The marketplace
    > doesn't lie.

    You cut out the rest of my post. It might be less popular if certain people
    could afford to upgrade their systems and move on to 3D games

    -LTP

    :)
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

    Luc The Perverse wrote:

    > You cut out the rest of my post. It might be less popular if certain
    people
    > could afford to upgrade their systems and move on to 3D games

    I think most people have decent setups. Hardly anyone uses 56k anymore.
    The lag problems are a fraction of what they used to be - usually it's
    because someone forgot to turn Kazaa off.

    thanks,

    K. Gringioni.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

    > Luc The Perverse wrote:
    >

    >> You cut out the rest of my post. It might be less popular if certain
    > people
    >> could afford to upgrade their systems and move on to 3D games
    >
    > I think most people have decent setups. Hardly anyone uses 56k anymore.

    Well, at least you got the "one" part right ;)

    > The lag problems are a fraction of what they used to be - usually it's
    > because someone forgot to turn Kazaa off.

    On a 56K?
    --
    Steven Ung
    Life is like a roller coaster...

    Steven Ung wrote:

    > > The lag problems are a fraction of what they used to be - usually
    it's
    > > because someone forgot to turn Kazaa off.
    >
    > On a 56K?

    Naw, it's someone who has a fast connection and has Kazaa hogging all
    the bandwidth.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

    IN TEH PALECE KNOWEN AS alt.games.starcraft, TEH FAGGORTER "Luc The
    Perverse" <sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> DUMPED HIS GHEYE SHIET ON
    MY COMPUTAR SCREEN!!!!:

    >You cut out the rest of my post. It might be less popular if certain people
    >could afford to upgrade their systems and move on to 3D games

    Feh. I actually have a decent setup nowdays. It's just that no games
    have managed to grab my interest that much these days =P

    (...I still havn't finished HL2, even).

    --
    The Melodramatic MuuMi

    "I wuv fishes"
    - Bob-The-Vasudan, Commander of the 11th Battlegroup

    Official supporter of Vasudan Grand Admiral Bob:
    http://koti.mbnet.fi/muumi/Bob.jpg
    http://koti.mbnet.fi/muumi/BobPoster.jpg

    ICQ: 26741225
    E-Mail: muumiSPAM@MEmbnet.fiHERE!

    Remove the nospam thingy for valid E-mail adress.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

    "MuuMiMan" <ihatespamandyoumustremovethisinordertoreplymuumi@mbnet.fi> wrote
    in message news:f4r1915svqem043mjgm2da46u7ssjthr1i@4ax.com...
    > IN TEH PALECE KNOWEN AS alt.games.starcraft, TEH FAGGORTER "Luc The
    > Perverse" <sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> DUMPED HIS GHEYE SHIET ON
    > MY COMPUTAR SCREEN!!!!:
    >>
    >>You cut out the rest of my post. It might be less popular if certain
    >>people
    >>could afford to upgrade their systems and move on to 3D games
    >
    > Feh. I actually have a decent setup nowdays. It's just that no games
    > have managed to grab my interest that much these days =P
    >
    > (...I still havn't finished HL2, even).

    We're just getting old

    --
    LTP

    This is a sig. Yay
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

    IN TEH PALECE KNOWEN AS alt.games.starcraft, TEH FAGGORTER "Luc The
    Perverse" <sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> DUMPED HIS GHEYE SHIET ON
    MY COMPUTAR SCREEN!!!!:

    >We're just getting old
    ....So what is that Old people do?

    Someone educate me.

    --
    The Melodramatic MuuMi

    "I wuv fishes"
    - Bob-The-Vasudan, Commander of the 11th Battlegroup

    Official supporter of Vasudan Grand Admiral Bob:
    http://koti.mbnet.fi/muumi/Bob.jpg
    http://koti.mbnet.fi/muumi/BobPoster.jpg

    ICQ: 26741225
    E-Mail: muumiSPAM@MEmbnet.fiHERE!

    Remove the nospam thingy for valid E-mail adress.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

    "MuuMiMan" <ihatespamandyoumustremovethisinordertoreplymuumi@mbnet.fi> wrote
    in message news:pqfr91loleh4r7mia82a20mhchcmmvpac1@4ax.com...
    > IN TEH PALECE KNOWEN AS alt.games.starcraft, TEH FAGGORTER "Luc The
    > Perverse" <sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> DUMPED HIS GHEYE SHIET ON
    > MY COMPUTAR SCREEN!!!!:
    >>

    >>We're just getting old
    > ...So what is that Old people do?
    >
    > Someone educate me.

    I would, but you are too old to learn.

    --
    -LTP

    Ugly. Stupid. Green.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

    "MuuMiMan" <ihatespamandyoumustremovethisinordertoreplymuumi@mbnet.fi> wrote
    in message news:pqfr91loleh4r7mia82a20mhchcmmvpac1@4ax.com...
    > IN TEH PALECE KNOWEN AS alt.games.starcraft, TEH FAGGORTER "Luc The
    > Perverse" <sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> DUMPED HIS GHEYE SHIET ON
    > MY COMPUTAR SCREEN!!!!:
    >>

    >>We're just getting old
    > ...So what is that Old people do?

    Drink more booze, have more parties and claim that they're the ones that are
    having more stress at work.

    > Someone educate me.

    You don't need someone to educate you to do those things. It comes
    naturally.
    --
    Steven Ung
    The Ignorant Asian