3-way Sli Problem

babakamboora

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2008
Hello,

my pc wont work on sli mode (3 gpus) even tho it shows that it's enabled on nvidia control panel, couldnt run crysis @ very high settings @ 1280 resolutions, Gpu-z shows that sli is disabled, downloaded all the drivers+hotfixes that i need still i couldnt get tri-sli to work.
any help would be really appreciated , Thanks.

Qx9650 3.0
3x EVGA GTX 8800 (with bridges installed)
780i EVGA
2x1GB Ballistixs (800mhz)
4xraptors 150GB @raid0
pioneer bd-rom
windows vista ultimate 64 bit

Achtungbaby

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007

Wow... talk about the childish, jealous attitudes of some individuals :non: ..... so what if he may or may not have what he states, he just asked for some help!

To the original poster, i have never done sli but some of the guys here (Like Dan_D) have tri sli setups:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1251847

Try msg them as they may be able to help u out! Good luck :hello:

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005

Patiently watching...

My only comment is, why would you bother with 3 GTXs if you don't already have the resources to trouble shoot yourself.

I would just say, what made you think Tri-SLi would work anyways since it's been trouble since the day it was mentioned?

Reminds me of the people who bought 2 GF7950GX2 cards hopinh that they would offer trouble free global boost.

Anywhoo, good luck, but don't be surprised if you ned to do a little tweaking outside the norm.

zenmaster

Splendid
Feb 21, 2006

Could be because he has the money :>
When I was younger, I had a very good friend who was a retired doctor.

This doc had the most expensive system money could buy and even some things money could not buy. (Unlimited Use CompuServer account, free of Charge. Let's just say he knew lots of people :>>)

The thing is, he did not even know or want to know how to turn it on.
Rather, he invited people over to use his computer and he would watch them use it. Damnedest thing I ever saw.

dtq

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2006

I knew someone who was much the same loved being shown what his system could do even if he had no intention of ever doing it... I think the system was a Pentium 60 or something from olivetti. Had a cd-rom drive as standard! Although that was back in the days when file sharing involved floppy disks at computer clubs in the back of pubs...

I remember how giddy he was when I introduced him to the castaway type screensaver, cant remember its name now, had a guy on a desert island who did random things... All the rage back in the day...

I have to say it was all part of my learning curve in computers :lol:

babakamboora

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2008

Thanks for your very kind reply, i was wondering when someone will give me a proper answer here . i will try and message those people.

baddad

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2006
Part of your problem is your screen resolution. That setup likes 1920x1200 and up, if ntune says SLI is enabled it is, and I%u2019ve run Crysis in very high settings 1920x1200 no AA with varying frame rates depending on where you are in the game.

babakamboora

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2008

i thought that aswell , i'll try it with a higher resolution screen and see if it works , thank you =)

pauldh

Illustrious
Wowsers, I assume you have an 1100W Tri SLI certified PSU to go with those specs.

By "couldn't run", do you mean low performance or stability issues? And I agree about the resolution being too low to properly test tri sli scaling.

BTW, I'm surprised to see that cpu, tri sli, 4 raptors, vista 64-bit and just 2GB RAM? What held you back on mem? It's the only dirt cheap thing in that rig.

babakamboora

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2008

it's even worse than that , i get a better performance on single gpu mode than on a tri-sli , im using my old memory sticks from my old rigg ,will upgrade to 4gb soon.

what surprises me is that i can't get my settings to very high on crysis @ 1280 resoloution but i can a quite better settings when im on a single gpu mode, could it be that tri-sli is not performing well @ low resolution and would perform alot better on somthing like 2560 or 1920.

nightscope

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2007
Try using just two GPU's in SLI and see if that gives a performance boost over one GPU, and if it doesn't, assume that it's a faulty driver instead of a faulty card or other hardware.

zenmaster

Splendid
Feb 21, 2006

I recall that screensaver.
Folks would spend hours intentionally not using their PC so they could try and see everything.

Evilonigiri

Splendid
Jun 8, 2007

I suppose that would be an unoverclocked system?

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005

I think my favourite screensavers were the "Opus and Bill" series... 'sigh'

pauldh

Illustrious

maybe, but NV states 1100W requirement when running with a Quad. That and he has 4 HDD's in raid too, I sure wouldn't want to underpower that config.

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
email me if you still have issues i give my phone number

an 80% effecient psu that is pushing 730w needs 900w+ , most testers they messure the acutal power pull into the system not the power that psu pulls from the plug

system load and power load are different

any psu running at 900w is going to get real hot and your effeicency drops so you need 1000w plus

if its a cooling issue remove the door and put a fan on it and see if the issues clears up or system runs longer if so its the psu

babakamboora

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2008

i've tried both of them and installed all the new sli hot fixes in addition to that ive also tested all of the 3 graphic individually, they worked fine. looks like im going back to XP and do an sli set-up lol .

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
dude you can not run triple sli and 64bit os and not expect it not too work!! com on!

you think nvidia has tuned the drives for 64bit os with the few hundred people running 3-sli

if its not the power its your os - partition your drive with vista and load a 32bit os