Anyone used Coolit Freezone Elite??????

PCnut

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2007
I was wondering if anyone has used Coolit Freezone Elite??? I would like to know how it worked and what temps it keep your CPU at (temps at idle and full load if possible)?? Also what CPU did you use it on?? I am really thinking about getting this for my Q6600 just want to know if it works like the reviews i have read and what your experience has been with it???

auscanzukus

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2008
Elite? Nope. Freezone, yes, on Q6600 stock. Idle & load temps can be as high and as low as you want with the control knob on a circuit board. 20C or even less, but watch out for condensation in the summer. That build I set it to idle 35Cish & load 50Cish. Why? Cuz it's getting warmer and yes, there was LOT of condensation on the peltier & cpu blocks.

G

Back in the good 'ol days (Celeron 300a) I used a noname peltier element that I got at a local store. What I did to combat condensation was to cut out four five sheets of wetex rags(those things you use in the kitchen) tape the whole thing together and then finish it off with a seal of silicon around the edges worked wonders back then atleast. that system ran more or less 24/7 up until sometime around 2004