Xfi soundcard disables keyboard and some other hardware

P0110X

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2008
I bought a Xfi xtreme gamer fatal1ty, installed it, and when start playing mp3s or games, some hardware disappears or stops working.

Sometimes, the event viewer reports PlugPlayManager, with id 12, saying that some hardware became disabled without reporting it first, or something like that.

The keyboard becomes disabled (for example, I play a mp3, open notepad, and start writing text, after 30 seconds aproximately, the keyboard stops responding)

The drivers are up2date, the same for xp. I checked IRQs, disabled one USB device that was sharing IRQ with another hardware but the problem persists. I made a clean xp install but the same problem.

I tested the sound card in another computer, and no problems.

Is this mainboard limitation? (asrock 939 dual sata 2). I can't ask asrock because they're not working from feb 6 - 11.

Creative support told me to try with their software to report hardware and send mail to them. Beside that, any Creative help suggested by mail was not my case.

Thanks in advance.

P0110X

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2008
yes I have, and the problem remains. I'm sending the file generated by creative system information to creative support. One version when the system is started and one when the system has de keyboard disabled.