Sign in with
Your question

Access denied message

Last response: in Windows XP
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 23, 2010 11:52:26 AM

Hello,
I am using XP.whenever i cut and paste files in a folder in my documents and try to open the files, I get the message that access denied or disk may be write protected.I can't delete the file even.please help

More about : access denied message

a b 8 Security
June 24, 2010 7:21:32 AM

Quote:
Hello,
I am using XP.whenever i cut and paste files in a folder in my documents and try to open the files, I get the message that access denied or disk may be write protected.I can't delete the file even.please help

[#0005ff]Did you cut them froma password protect user Account? If you right click a filename, do you see a tab named Security?[/#000ff]
m
l
June 24, 2010 7:24:31 AM

check this link: support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;810881&x=15&y=12
hope it helps.
m
l
Related resources
August 1, 2012 6:47:29 AM

I am having a very similar issue on my computer.

Any idea what could be the solution to this problem???

Seems like it is an unsolved subject in here!!!
m
l
a b 8 Security
August 1, 2012 7:27:32 AM

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

We don't know if it's unsolved as the original poster didn't come back and tell us. We also don't know if you've followed the advice already posted.

In short, this problem doesn't ordinarily happen to files which you own - only with someone else's or files owned by the system Administrator account.

m
l
August 1, 2012 10:03:54 AM

Thanks; for your response and welcoming.

To back to the topic; surely I have tried the advices from the earlier posts along with many other advices through other tech forums. Sadly neither of them had fixed the issue, nor cleared the possible reason to cause this problem.

Here is the issue, I am using Microsoft XP Professional Service Pack 3, and logging in as an Administrator. What I was trying to do is, going into 'My Documents' folder and cut one of the files in there, paste it into another folder which is also under 'My Documents'. When I did this, the file that I just pasted it becomes strange, can't open, can't delete, can't even cut and paste to its earlier location. It shows the file has the same size as before, but no way to make any change to it.

For the same thing to a folder, when I cut and paste it, the folder seems empty in its new location and yes, can't open it as well.
m
l
September 13, 2012 1:01:20 PM

Quote:
Hello,

m
l
September 13, 2012 1:02:26 PM

Quote:
Hello,

m
l
!