Overclocking Crossfire wo/Catalyst but w/Rivertuner

cd14

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2006
Hello, is there a way to enable crossfire without the ATI catalyst? I want to overclock crossfire with RivaTuner but when I adjust the the timings the catalyst doesn't reflect the settings. The hardware monitor in RiverTuner doesn't show it either.

Overdrive is not enabled but it does show the cards being overclocked just not the same numbers as RivaTuner. The number for the memory is about 100mhz less in the catalyst.

Is the crossfire setting an integral part of the catalyst software? If I could, I would just remove the catalyst and use RivaTuner--I need the fan settings along with the overclock. Thanks.

Hi im fairly sure that the overdrive requires the additional power adaptor to work in fact the more i think about it i seem to remember that the overdrive is about the only reason its there.
Wait for some more replies but i think but im not sure but i recon i resd somewhere recently about this kinda thing and the crossfire is meant to b eenabled in the bios. I could be talking crap but i thought i would mention it.
Mactronix :)

cd14

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2006
Yeah, I have the 8-pin adapters. It's seems the Overdrive is limited to 800mhz on the memory and that's what I want to adjust. I tried RivaTuner over top of the catalyst but it doesn't affect it. The fan control works though.

hok

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
I really wouldn't overclock in crossfire, its too much of a hassle and you won't see much performance increase. I'm not too sure about the 2900 pro, but on the 3870 it gives a 5% increase.

Unless you like to fiddle, its not what its all cracked up to be.