dr_serious

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2009
Hi,
I got a sata 2 hard disk (Seagate ST3250824AS - Firmware version 3.AAE) that still "works" but its really slow, so my os system (xp pro sp3) is most of the time stuck when I want to get data from that hard disk...

I recently formatted that hard disk because I thought the data was the problem, but it seems like it isn't.
So I did a benchmark with HD Tune pro 3.50 and it looked pretty bad!
http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hdproblku3.jpg

Some one knows what the problem is?
And what can I do to fix it?
(p.s. there are only games on that disk - so not my os system...)

Thx, Fré
Sorry for my bad English!

MrLinux

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2007
You have a process called Niet-Actieve syste.. taking 99% of the CPU power, first step should be to identify what it is and why it's using so much CPU power.

And no, the question isn't too difficult, people don't all live in the same time-zone as you and give their time freely (very often without thanks); if you want an immediate answer, go pay for support.

dr_serious

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2009
Niet-Actieve systemen is Dutch for non active systems...
CPU: E8500 Dual core
Motherbord: P5K/EPU
GPU: Radeon 4870 512mb
2GB reaper ocz ram
then another seagate hd with 320gb and a 250GB westerendigital HD (250 is 15gb for os and rest for file stortage)

MrLinux

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2007
I have only seen a trace like that caused by either a dying hard drive or by conflicting software (something like running two anti-virus products). Try running Seagate's drive test tool and have a look at the drive SMART data, if both say the drive is OK, you need to have a good look are the software installed.

dr_serious

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2009

done every test with seatools and hd tune, every test was ok.
Only I had a weird graph at benchmark (what I early mentioned).

I reinstalled my xp recently, and on that disk there are only games installed...
(you can also see at the screen shot that I posted, there are almost no programs installed on that computer NOT even an Anti Virus or any other virus detect program installed)

the hd also "fails" at another motherbord (a8n sli deluxe - an older chipset)

thx for the reply!