Hi All

i am new to this forum as well as new to the hardware
i am facing a problem which i am not able to so;ve it out
below is the configuration of my PC

RAM 512 266 Mhz
845 GigaByte ChipSet Motherboard
Inter p-4 2.4 Mhz
40 Gb HDD 7200 RPM

I have upgraded my system to 1 GB RAM 400 Mhz which the system is taking as 333 Mhz
and hard drive to 200 GB
160 new + 40 old

but i am facing a problem my system getting restarted again and again without any warning have installed a new window XP professional

Even when i changd the RAm to OLd i;e 2*256 266 MHZ it still giving me the same problem

if any body have any idea plz help me ut in this regard

thaks in advance.
Umesh

jj14

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
Go to advanced tab in system properties (control panel), and click the settings button next to 'startup and recovery' and uncheck the 'automatically restart' checkbox.
This way, the system won't restart when there is an error and you will have time to read the exact error code on the blue screen. Google the error code and see how to resolve the problem.

I'd also recommend running memtest to see if you have a problem with your memory and make sure that your power supply is not a flaky one. Are you playing a game when it restarts? What applications are running when it restarts?

umesh

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2008
hi JJ

Thaks for the tips i will apply and will let you know the results
no i am not playing any type of games it is getting restarted in any condition.(No specific condition at all)

will try to run memtest but i thik as memory should not be the problem as the system was running fine with the old RAM and even i have changed the new RAM with old one but the problem is still there..
hope your tips will do the best.

best
aum

umesh

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2008
hi JJ

Thaks for the tips i will apply and will let you know the results
no i am not playing any type of games it is getting restarted in any condition.(No specific condition at all)

will try to run memtest but i thik as memory should not be the problem as the system was running fine with the old RAM and even i have changed the new RAM with old one but the problem is still there..
hope your tips will do the best.

best
aum

umesh

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2008
Hi JJ

Your tip of unchecking restart automatically is working but still it is getting restarted at some time.can u suggest me what might be the other cause of the system getting restarted as RAm is working fine.

Thanks in advance
--umesh

Umesh - The point behind preventing your computer from automatically restarting itself is so that you can read and write down the error code which will be displayed. That error code will give a starting point to troubleshoot, since you can look it up at http://support.microsoft.com

This very well could be true. But that is also useful information: Presuming all connections are solid, restarts with no BSOD make a pretty strong suspect of a failing Power Supply. Secondary suspect in that case would be the mother board.

G

Hi,

Same problem occured to me it is getting resolved when i do end process to some which are on my account name from the task manager when the system gets started.

Thank you
harish..

G

Hi umesh may be problem with the cable of harddisk so replace the sata cable or ide cable if possible