just installed os and i am lost, need help please?

inspecter71

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2008
i just installed windows 98 full version to my computer well while the windows 98 installation it had to restart so when it restarted i continued and now all it is doing is staying on the widows 98 logo start up screen . please help what should i do to get things going having problems here.

inspecter71

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2008
its a nvidia 680i ultra mobo, i am only using windows 98 full vrsion so i can install widows xp pro upgrade should i try my windows xp upgrade now that 98 is installed, i figured i would get 98 to work before i installed xp, but xp may work since 98 is installed you think it will work is that the problem?

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006

your so silly

inspecter71

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2008
why i am silly? this was the the first computer i ever built.Listen i need help not comments especially from some hick from texas.

bombasschicken

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
you 'should' be able to start the install process form the win xp cd.. then it will ask you to insert a previous full version of windows... then you just eject the xp cd.. pop in the 98 cd.. it will read for a min. .then it will ask for the xp cd again..

keep in mind i havent done this is years.. but i use to do the same thing...

also if you can manage it.. NEVER do those stupid upgrade things.. it just leaves too much to worry about.. most of the people here can agree with me on that.. if you can manage it, always do a clean install..

on a side note, the board is really new... it might not be compatable with win 98.. i have noticed that a lot recently.. less and less support for win98...

rgeist554

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
why i am silly? this was the the first computer i ever built.Listen i need help not comments especially from some hick from texas.
That was rude! I'm from Texas and I'm no hick.

also if you can manage it.. NEVER do those stupid upgrade things.. it just leaves too much to worry about.. most of the people here can agree with me on that.. if you can manage it, always do a clean install..

on a side note, the board is really new... it might not be compatable with win 98.. i have noticed that a lot recently.. less and less support for win98...
That's what I'm thinking.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006

LOL!, don't get your panties in a wad there bud!...some day you will look back on this and think,...damn, that was silly. anyways, I see you don't need my help..., I'll just take my hick, 3.5Ghz quadcore, dual GTX SLI overclocked watercooled custom built setup outta here...., cause I don't know nothing.... :kaola:

inspecter71

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2008
that was rude of him you mean right?right! you know what take deniro avator off you are not worthy of displaying a great actor if your sticking up for that guy rgeist common man, people come in here for help and and advice not wise cracks.

G

Wow for seeking help you really shouldn't be a dick. Even to people making smug comments in your thread. It might upset people that would otherwise help in your dilemma.

And it shows great intelligence to pass judgement on someone with the sole knowledge of the state they may or may not reside from.