p35-ds3l issues

spazticdeath

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2007
I have a P35-ds3l mobo...its been about 7 months now.....I was in the process last night of cleaning my hard drive which i usualy would do every 6 months.. I was using Secure clean, when in just the begining of the process the screen went blank and I got a no signal note from the monitor. I rebooted the computer, and now all I get is the bootscreen of the bios and then it stays there....:(

Any idea's folks? I've let it sit there for over 5 mins, I've tried to get into the bios and its a no go....I've so far disconnected the sound card, all hard drives and rebooted both times but its still the same boot bios screen that comes up and stays there......I'm down to taking out the memory and seeing if that is the issue.

I checked the cpu fan and its working just fine....so is the vid card fan......

Guess its time to RMA the mobo and hope for the best? Or do you wizards on this board have another idea?

thanks

spazticdeath

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2007
hard drives were working fine and even with the drives disconnected the mb bios should start up and let me get into it with not a problem..

The keyboard is usb, but when I first installed the system, it worked just fine, so why does it now mess up after working ok for 7 months?

I will try the cmos trick tonight....

have to run to work now...

grrr

thanks