Desktop Properties doesnt show up

When I right click on desktop and choose Properties, nothing happens.
When I go to control panel/appearance and themes and click on anything,
nothing opens (except folder options and "Taskbar and Start Menu") The
only way I can change wallpaper is by right clicking on an image and
selecting set as wallpaper, but I cant do anything else without
properties.

Any advice???

--
QuickStopMe

Malke

QuickStopMe wrote:

> When I right click on desktop and choose Properties, nothing happens.
> When I go to control panel/appearance and themes and click on
> anything, nothing opens (except folder options and "Taskbar and Start
> Menu") The only way I can change wallpaper is by right clicking on an
> image and selecting set as wallpaper, but I cant do anything else
> without properties.
>
> Any advice???

Is the computer completely free of malware and viruses?

If you can't enable desktop backgrounds after a virus, MVP Kelly Theriot
has a fix. Look under Wallpaper-Desktop-Disable Changing here:

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_w.htm

If Display tabs are missing, run Kelly's registry edit on line 285,
right-hand side "Restore all display tabs".

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com